The NEW Magic Mountain - Page 233

AlpineZone

Page 233 of 252 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 2518
    Quote Originally Posted by sledride View Post
    Predictions for Sunday? Considering Magic vs Black (freedom pass). Looks like Black will get more snow but they hardly have anything open.
    If you can wait until Saturday afternoon to make the call I would. Models showing it may start as non-frozen at Magic. Whether it does, and how quickly it changes, will make a big difference. Black has better chance of all snow. Magic with 2-4" would ski well with decent amount of natural trails in play.
    2018/19 = 36
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Black Mountain will be slow to drop ropes while Magic will drop them as fast as humanly possible.

Black is great but wait until snow depths improve. I just got back from northern NH and there's probably the same base/snow in Southern VT right now. As in not a lot but enough for Magic to open stuff with a little help.
    2019/2020 season

Berkshire East [12/20, 1/7, 1/10, 1/22, 1/24]
    Bretton Woods [1/3, 1/30]
    Gunstock [1/2]
    Mad River Glen [1/29, 2/11]
    Mount Snow [11/14, 11/21, 12/2]
    Smugglers Notch [2/12]
    Wachusett [12/16]

Thanks for the info, decided to pass on today. This storm seemed to fizzle and it didn't seem worth the drive. Had a great mini powder day at Burke on New Years Day though.

I made my first visit of the year yesterday to use a ticket from the freedom 4 pack I bought in the fall. While the trail selection was very limited, what was open ski'd very well and I had a pretty nice afternoon.

I was a bit disappointed (but not at all surprised) to see that there has been zero visible progress on the new quad that is supposed to be ready in 2 weeks. No bullwheel up top, no bullwheel or drive housing at the bottom, no comm cable. As I unfortunately predicted months ago, there is a 0.0% chance of that lift being completed and inspected for the 2019/2020 season. Not a big deal in and of itself, but just another failed promise from management. I'd be absolutely livid if I were one of the people who were tricked into buying a pass with the promise of that lift and a snowmaking pond expansion obviously has not happened either.

Quote Originally Posted by hughconway View Post
    I made my first visit of the year yesterday to use a ticket from the freedom 4 pack I bought in the fall. While the trail selection was very limited, what was open ski'd very well and I had a pretty nice afternoon.

I was a bit disappointed (but not at all surprised) to see that there has been zero visible progress on the new quad that is supposed to be ready in 2 weeks. No bullwheel up top, no bullwheel or drive housing at the bottom, no comm cable. As I unfortunately predicted months ago, there is a 0.0% chance of that lift being completed and inspected for the 2019/2020 season. Not a big deal in and of itself,
    but just another failed promise from management. I'd be absolutely livid if I were one of the people who were tricked into buying a pass with the promise of that lift and a snowmaking pond expansion obviously has not happened either.
    I'm not thrilled about the new lift not being available at all for 19/20, but just curious; What other failed promises have there been?

Quote Originally Posted by hughconway View Post
    I'd be absolutely livid if I were one of the people who were tricked into buying a pass with the promise of that lift and a snowmaking pond expansion obviously has not happened either.
    Nobody held a gun to our heads and forced us to buy a pass.

Iíve been watching the magic saga from afar, and while the lift will be cool itís also not whatís stopping me from making the 6 hr drive for my first visit. Itís the damn weather. Once winter kicks in Iíll be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone here part of the Magic FB group? Maybe someone there knows what's going on.

I'm still rooting for them. I know a lot of people are.

Realistically, the lift matters 5 days a year and, even then, the lines will compare to nearby mountains with much less crowding once on the slopes. The situation will be no worse this year than last year. In the grand scheme of things, this is barely a blip on my radar.

Quote Originally Posted by skithetrees View Post
    Realistically, the lift matters 5 days a year and, even then, the lines will compare to nearby mountains with much less crowding once on the slopes. The situation will be no worse this year than last year. In the grand scheme of things, this is barely a blip on my radar.
    This is so true. Not having the black chair has never stopped me from going there and having a great time. they just need the weather switch to flip and get those trees filled in!

Thread Information