• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wildcat Mountain 2016-2017 season thread

snoseek

More sun and soft snow today. I imagine the ungroomed will be stiff with the incoming cold air. It never got soupy so its doable just trickier. The groomers are skiing and should continue to ski well.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Closed again.Your telling me the lower lifts couldn't run?Dont buy it.

Sustained winds of 100 mph on Washington today with gusts higher than that. You don't buy that right across the street it's probably pretty nasty and perhaps unsafe to operate lifts?

Nothing running up high at Attatish or Cranmore today. Basically just the beginner chair at Cranmore.

snoseek

I lucked out that the jet and bonnie spun at Jay today wow. I've got to work and catch up on stuff so skiing will have to wait till Monday. I've had a spectacular run since xmas but now its getting time for me to work and save

SIKSKIER

I'll bet the lower lifts could have run is all I'm saying.Ragged is the only one I've heard that didn't open at all.most areas had lots of windholds and some had very few if any summit lifts running but they certainly ran other lower lifts.I'm just saying they close way too easy and often from my view here at my desk.Which means nothing.Carry on.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Great! Hope you had a good time at Cannon yesterday.

Personally, if I was up there, I would have chosen to ski Attitash anyways given the conditions. I don't think many of the minimal midweek skiers that Cat gets this time of year would have minded that alternative either. The only people I feel a bit bad for are the dozen or so employees who lost their wages for the day.

As a Cannon skier, I'm not sure why you care anyhow.

thebigo

Does the cat run the lifts later in spring or do they still shut down at 4:00?

Thinking about heading up with my 4 year old this weekend if crotched is wet. Between going to the dump, getter her fed and dressed, likley wouldn't be on hill until about 1:00.

SIKSKIER

Great! Hope you had a good time at Cannon yesterday.

Personally, if I was up there, I would have chosen to ski Attitash anyways given the conditions. I don't think many of the minimal midweek skiers that Cat gets this time of year would have minded that alternative either. The only people I feel a bit bad for are the dozen or so employees who lost their wages for the day.

As a Cannon skier, I'm not sure why you care anyhow.
I dont care but I do get to the cat at least once a year.So I cant have an opinion about a place unless I'm a regular skier there?I guess you never throw your 2 cents in about an area you dont ski often.Chill out.

thebigo

According to the website, quad has been on hold all day? Anyone know if this is correct and the reason? Will it be running tomorrow?

Capture.PNG

deadheadskier

Staff member
The Cat recovered quite well from the poor midweek weather. The day started off with 3-5" on top of a manageable crust. It continued to improve throughout the day to have some really soft surfaces. Wish I was heading up tomorrow as it should be really good.

44bb007c7c588452a0195edc8490b01d.jpg
71758c3aaab331f87e2d15c2eca93cb6.jpg
b8b05596e045f7d2ef01b6681fa9d7db.jpg
8613190c912ff1f88ce6c9ad11dabd21.jpg
269afea75306595390fcf29faa0a18ab.jpg

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app