Hunter Mtn Expansion Details - Page 80

AlpineZone

Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3070787980
    Hopefully Vail starts catering to more advanced skiers and does this. It is pretty expensive to blow all the runs back there though. Many moons ago you could hit all three by this time of year...I haven't skied 44 in a long time and Annapurna several years ago. They are as challenging as most runs all the way up to Jay. The 8 foot storm turned that area into the biggest mogul filed I have ever seen. 4 and 5 feet tall. I remember skiing Clairs up to my waist...insane...

Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Rumor is Vail wants nothing to do with those trails. Look at the crowds they get without them, record setting.

even more reason to have more terrain, no?
    2019-2020

Ski Visits in PA 38
    Ski Visits in VT 6
    Ski Visits in CO 4

Total Ski Visits 48

Quote Originally Posted by 180 View Post
    Rumor is Vail wants nothing to do with those trails. Look at the crowds they get without them, record setting.
    But they don't get record setting crowding because they ignore those trails. They get record setting crowds because they have a ton of NYC based people access to the mountain this year. If they indeed are seeing more visits, it would behoove Vail provide more options to spread people out.

I get these trails have a limited audience, but it would be best if they made better use of Hunter West somehow.

Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Ski season is always too short

that should only want to make them want to get more terrain open. Crowds are only going to get bigger with their proximity to the big cities and epic access

Exactly...when conditions are good you can spend the whole day back there..an exhausting one at that. With only Clairs open ...not so much. Look at Sugarbush..when the N Lynx triple and Castlerock were closed it got pretty crowded at the bottom..not so much now.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

The West terrain is a differentiator as some of the best expert terrain in the Catskills and Southern VT, if it’s all in play. With only Claire’s open, West doesn’t draw people off of the front of the mountain much.

Narrowing 44 so that it can open with less snowmaking and some more wind protection would be a good first step.

Quote Originally Posted by zyk View Post

It is ugly and includes some strange pipe flanges sticking out of the ground. However when there's enough snow (rarely) the liftline side is great. I'd like to see two trails there.
    Yeah saw that haha. wtf? I don't know but I think I'd put some resources into cleaning that trail up. Maybe not all in one season but a little at a time if it's too costly. Could be their White Heat/ Superstar. Its a shame what could be one of the coolest trails in the Cats going to waste.

Highlands is also an area that hasn’t seen snowmaking in years. Hopefully they do something with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably because it was designed so poorly from that idiot dude who finally quit.

Thread Information