Recommend me a new pair of skis - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMRoma View Post
    When I demo'd the Rally I didnt get a chance to try the Titan, when I went to pick up the rally I mentioned I didnt get a chance to try it and they just gave me both sets of skis. I spent the day with Puck it swopping out both skis between us all day at Cannon....didnt suck !
    I ended up buying the Rally anyway and he bought the Titan ! Always fun getting to test things out for more than a run or two !
    Curious since you skied those at Cannon.Do you think they would be a good Cannon ski?And wondering how big you guys are and what terrain you liked them on.
    SIKSKIER

Quote Originally Posted by SIKSKIER View Post
    Curious since you skied those at Cannon.Do you think they would be a good Cannon ski?And wondering how big you guys are and what terrain you liked them on.
    Yes they'd be a great Cannon ski ! and we went with the 177s.......everything at Cannon was hard pack / groomers.This was 2 weeks ago on a friday. they handled speed and turns unlike anything else I tested.

Quote Originally Posted by SIKSKIER View Post
    I'm 6'4", 240lbs, I loved the Titans in a 177 on hardpack early this season when I demo'd them (Loon one day and the NMS demo day at Bretton Woods the next day).

The Rallys I didn't like as much. YMMV.

Unfortunately, there were no woods / soft stuff to play in with them those days.

-w
    2018-2019:
    Ready to go
    2017-2018 - 21, 2016-2017 - 20, 2015-2016 - 8, 2014-2015 - 10, 2013-2014 - 21, 2012-2013 - 12ish, 2011-2012 - 12, 2010-2011 - 20, 2009-2010 - 23, 2008-2009 - 30, 2007-2008 - 35

Quote Originally Posted by WJenness View Post
    I'm 6'4", 240lbs, I loved the Titans in a 177 on hardpack early this season when I demo'd them (Loon one day and the NMS demo day at Bretton Woods the next day).

The Rallys I didn't like as much. YMMV.

Unfortunately, there were no woods / soft stuff to play in with them those days.

-w
    Funny I had them both for a day, kept swaping them out with Puck it on mountain and we could barely tell any difference between them.

I did feel the rallys were quicker to turn but nothing earth shattering.very similar skis !

Quote Originally Posted by JDMRoma View Post
    Funny I had them both for a day, kept swaping them out with Puck it on mountain and we could barely tell any difference between them.

I did feel the rallys were quicker to turn but nothing earth shattering.very similar skis !
    Less tip rocker on the rallys
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

I bought the titans in 170 length this year. I tried both the titans and rallies and liked the titans better. Quick turning, super edge grip and a bit more float. Love them for the groomers. Haven't had them in the deep snow yet, but that is what the line 115s are for.
    skiing is not just an activity, it is a lifestyle!

You should demo the enforcer 93 and if possible, ON3P Wren 88 (might be difficult to find). The Brahma is pretty bombproof and does a lot of what your looking for, rails front side, has enough rocker in the tip that it manages in the trees well ( if not too deep) and is durable
    15-16 Killington 11-17-16

I demo’d more skis at stowe and found one i really like.

First was a Head Kore 93. Initially I loved how fast it felt. Almost like it was covered in uber-speed-wax if there was such a thing. But the ski felt very surfy/ smeary- which im not into. At high speeds it was unerving.

Next was the Blizzard Bramma- good overall ski. Felt good on hardpack and the little soft snow i could find. It held an edge well, but it was tricky to stop and it was abysmal on ice. I liked it mmore than the Volkl RTM 86 that I tried at Okemo.

Last was the Kastle MX84. I LOVED this ski! Held an edge and the tails came around with minimal effort. I didn’t have to work these skis a ton to get them to work for me. They were EASY! I might end up picking up a pair of these. Other than the fact that they’re not twin tips (so i can land backwards in the park), I have no complaints. 🎿

Kastle makes an amazing ski. I remember my GS speed machine 200 cm. No complaints about my current K2 chargers.

Surprised you thought the Head Kore 93 was unnerving at speed - I thought they handled speed like a champ and you could really put them up on edge. I'm hoping to get a pair soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Groovy Adventures View Post
    I demo’d more skis at stowe and found one i really like.

First was a Head Kore 93. Initially I loved how fast it felt. Almost like it was covered in uber-speed-wax if there was such a thing. But the ski felt very surfy/ smeary- which im not into. At high speeds it was unerving.

Next was the Blizzard Bramma- good overall ski. Felt good on hardpack and the little soft snow i could find. It held an edge well, but it was tricky to stop and it was abysmal on ice. I liked it mmore than the Volkl RTM 86 that I tried at Okemo.

Last was the Kastle MX84. I LOVED this ski! Held an edge and the tails came around with minimal effort. I didn’t have to work these skis a ton to get them to work for me. They were EASY! I might end up picking up a pair of these. Other than the fact that they’re not twin tips (so i can land backwards in the park), I have no complaints. 🎿

Thread Information