The Rules - Page 13

AlpineZone

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rules

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    I do the opposite. I dont use overhead luggage & wait for "final boarding call" to get on the plane, intentionally getting on last. I have no use for standing in a 10 minute long jetway line waiting for people to fight to get into their seats, stuff bags into the overhead etc...

I also dont stand up IMMEDIATELY when the unbuckle seatbelt light comes on, as I have no use for standing in a 6 minute line (moving nowhere) inside a plane. Why people do this I have no clue. It's intriguing to me in the illogical nature of it all, but it happens on every flight.

Basically several years of business travel hardened me into having zero tolerance for people who only fly once or twice a year. GTHOOMW.

As Sugarbush they only have receivers on one-side of the gate.

At 6'3", the less time I spend crammed into an airline seat the better, so I'd personally rather stand in that scenario.
    Live Free or Die
    137 days 08-09
    16 days 09-10

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    working on that for my family... hopefully < 2 years, Concord/Hopkinton/Henniker relocation
    That is a good location. Lots of good real estate at a reasonable price and it give you a better launching pad to a bunch of ski areas. You commute to ski will get much better.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    At 6'3", the less time I spend crammed into an airline seat the better, so I'd personally rather stand in that scenario.
    That is my opinion also. As soon as the plane lands I need to stand up.

Need the overhead for my boots..they never get checked..thus i try to get on the plane as early as possible..
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I have Restless Leg Syndrome. Pity the people near me. I can stay within my own space - but can't stop being a fidget. Nor can I get a wink of sleep - red eye or not. I was a Platinum business traveler at one point in my life - so it's not because I'm recreational flying joey (thankfully pre 9/11 when I sometimes could have D.C.-10 middle row to myself - I don't do well packed like a sardine lol). Rarely go to movies - drives me nuts to sit that long unless it's the most amazing movie ever.

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    Need the overhead for my boots..they never get checked..thus i try to get on the plane as early as possible..
    . The BS about overhead compartments is funny. I have never ever ever had to put underneath. For business I can get 4 days of clothes in a half size carry on - always space for those. I pack light because luggage pickup is hell on earth.

Air canada made me check my carryon..said it wss too big..bs..ive used it for 10 years and never had a problem..then watched tons of people try to cram much larger luggage up there..WTF
    We had seriouse issues with air canada on the Revi trip..all 45 of us..bit of a shit show
    New rule..ship skis if flying AC...they lost a lot of luggage..got it back but major anxiety ..lose the Wagners and im fucked..
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    I do the opposite. I dont use overhead luggage & wait for "final boarding call" to get on the plane, intentionally getting on last. I have no use for standing in a 10 minute long jetway line waiting for people to fight to get into their seats, stuff bags into the overhead etc...

I also dont stand up IMMEDIATELY when the unbuckle seatbelt light comes on, as I have no use for standing in a 6 minute line (moving nowhere) inside a plane. Why people do this I have no clue. It's intriguing to me in the illogical nature of it all, but it happens on every flight.
    And you should thank them for acting differently. If everyone waited to get on/off the plane as you do, then you'd be in line with them, just delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    New rule..ship skis if flying AC...they lost a lot of luggage..got it back but major anxiety ..lose the Wagners and im fucked..
    They completely destroyed one of sister's ski bindings. Got crushed in something I guess. But I think I've done 5 round trips with them, never had a problem. They got all my stuff to Prince George, that was a 3 plane trip with short layovers, was impressed with that.

This trip was a mess..but the skiing was awesome
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Thread Information