Most Overrated and Underrated Ski Resorts in the east - Page 11

AlpineZone

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    I agree that an actual guide is best. But a map will do; with some smart recon you can avoid trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    I agree that an actual guide is best. But a map will do; with some smart recon you can avoid trouble.
    Out west, Steamboat is the most overrated imo. I guess itís great for tourist skiers but man, the terrain is so boring and uninspiring for skiers seeking features.

I think Sun Valley is pretty underrated. Iíve never skied there, but it looks like they have some awesome terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    Out west, Steamboat is the most overrated imo. I guess it’s great for tourist skiers but man, the terrain is so boring and uninspiring for skiers seeking features.
    Could not agree more. Steamboat is a joke of intermediate bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by Slidebrook87 View Post
    I think Sun Valley is pretty underrated. Iíve never skied there, but it looks like they have some awesome terrain.
    Big mountain, it is fun but doesn't really have any of the western big mountain lines. I'd actually put it in the same bucket as Steamboat, a notch higher because of the history. You have to time it right, can be dry there. Sits in a weird spot out west.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Underrated: Cloudmont in Alabama. Because operating a ski area in Alabama is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    Underrated: Cloudmont in Alabama. Because operating a ski area in Alabama is insane.
    I thought you were pulling our legs so I had to check it out. You would have to be pretty desperate to ski there. I wonder how long their season is. Insane is the right word,

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    Out west, Steamboat is the most overrated imo. I guess itís great for tourist skiers but man, the terrain is so boring and uninspiring for skiers seeking features.
    Never been to Steamboat but have heard that what you say is true. But not sure what that has to do with someone to show you lines or give you maps of good lines at Wildcat.

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    Apparently Jenny is misinformed. And politically incorrect.3hvr74.jpeg

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app
    Leave no turn unstoned!

Plenty of AL & GA based colleagues have skied Cloudmont and lived to tell the tale. Further north, I think Shawnee Peak of Maine is Underrated. In the shadow of the much bigger NH and ME places, it has decent terrain and I've not seen a lift line the 3 times I've been.

Most overrated would have to be Hunter.

Thread Information