Most Overrated and Underrated Ski Resorts in the east - Page 11

AlpineZone

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 118
  1. #101
    JimG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hopewell Jct., NY
    Posts
    10,463
    I agree that an actual guide is best. But a map will do; with some smart recon you can avoid trouble.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    I agree that an actual guide is best. But a map will do; with some smart recon you can avoid trouble.
    Out west, Steamboat is the most overrated imo. I guess itís great for tourist skiers but man, the terrain is so boring and uninspiring for skiers seeking features.

  3. #103
    Slidebrook87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    NYC area/Mad River Valley VT
    Posts
    170
    I think Sun Valley is pretty underrated. Iíve never skied there, but it looks like they have some awesome terrain.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    Out west, Steamboat is the most overrated imo. I guess it’s great for tourist skiers but man, the terrain is so boring and uninspiring for skiers seeking features.
    Could not agree more. Steamboat is a joke of intermediate bullshit

  5. #105
    machski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Northwood, NH (Sunday River, ME)
    Posts
    1,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Slidebrook87 View Post
    I think Sun Valley is pretty underrated. Iíve never skied there, but it looks like they have some awesome terrain.
    Big mountain, it is fun but doesn't really have any of the western big mountain lines. I'd actually put it in the same bucket as Steamboat, a notch higher because of the history. You have to time it right, can be dry there. Sits in a weird spot out west.



    Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

  6. #106
    Underrated: Cloudmont in Alabama. Because operating a ski area in Alabama is insane.

  7. #107
    fbrissette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Montreal/Jay Peak
    Posts
    1,503
    Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    Underrated: Cloudmont in Alabama. Because operating a ski area in Alabama is insane.
    I thought you were pulling our legs so I had to check it out. You would have to be pretty desperate to ski there. I wonder how long their season is. Insane is the right word,

  8. #108
    JimG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hopewell Jct., NY
    Posts
    10,463
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    Out west, Steamboat is the most overrated imo. I guess itís great for tourist skiers but man, the terrain is so boring and uninspiring for skiers seeking features.
    Never been to Steamboat but have heard that what you say is true. But not sure what that has to do with someone to show you lines or give you maps of good lines at Wildcat.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    Underrated: Cloudmont in Alabama. Because operating a ski area in Alabama is insane.
    Apparently Jenny is misinformed. And politically incorrect.3hvr74.jpeg

    Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app
    Leave no turn unstoned!

  10. #110
    Plenty of AL & GA based colleagues have skied Cloudmont and lived to tell the tale. Further north, I think Shawnee Peak of Maine is Underrated. In the shadow of the much bigger NH and ME places, it has decent terrain and I've not seen a lift line the 3 times I've been.

    Most overrated would have to be Hunter.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 8:29 PM.