• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New storm on the way

fbrissette

All the models are in a rare near pefect agreement on this one and have been for the last 2 model runs.

Here are the GFS an Euro last runs - inches of snow at 10 to 1 (UK and Cdn models agree and are in the middle with respect to amounts).

gfs.jpgeuro.jpg

LONGBOARDR

All the models are in a rare near pefect agreement on this one and have been for the last 2 model runs.

Here are the GFS an Euro last runs - inches of snow at 10 to 1 (UK and Cdn models agree and are in the middle with respect to amounts).

View attachment 26181View attachment 26182

D'accord
Jay Peak est sur le point d'obtenir une fessée avec 3 pieds de neige
peut-être skier à Big Jay?

millerm277

Finally, something seems to be lining up. Think I'm going to give Burke a shot with how this is looking.

tnt1234

Alas, life and work conspire against me, and my only shot is catskills Sunday. Oh well.

Yeah, it's gonna be sick up north.

Pez

Ski Tracks. Don’t know if it’s on Android.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

ScottySkis

Rebecca forecast as of 11 pm Wed.
A major storm is developing and will impact the Northeast and the northern Middle Atlantic region. With interior areas dealing with rain, freezing rain, sleet and snow, heavy rains for the coast, with severe weather in the southern Mid Atlantic and Southeast.

Here is a look at the current Winter Storm Warnings and Winter Weather Advisories for the Great Lakes, Northeast, and Mid Atlantic. There are also flood watches up for New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, and points south.

Earlier I posted my first thoughts on total snowfall amounts. Those amounts might have to be adjusted depending on the actual track the main wave takes. But at least for now, the NWS is in general agreement with my earlier map…here is my earlier map. I have adjusted some of the numbers (but these adjustments are minor) Remember all of this snow won’t come down all at once…. It will be over a 36-48 hour time frame. I admit there are outlets calling for higher amounts. But I'm trying to take a realistic and conservative approach.

Northeast PA, into New York State and southern New England will be dealing with ice. But I don’t see it being a major ice storm, temperatures just don’t look cold enough for that. Moderate temperatures and upper air dynamics doesn’t look all that impressive. But 0.25-0.35 of an inch is enough to still cause a lot of issues.

I will post an update, and if needed a new snowfall map tomorrow morning….(If I do, I will include county lines)

Have a great night.
"

Edd

I have friends flying back from Vail today and their flight delayed an hour due to weather last I knew. They’re going to Logan via Newark.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Zand

LCC Road is closed till noon today. Good thing you didnt go a day earlier.

KustyTheKlown

Are you flying from NYC or Logan?

Also going to Utah tomorrow on a 7PM flight and hoping for the best

JFK. the weather clears by 6 PM tomorrow according to the models, so i'm hopeful.

my denver based friends who are meeting me are unable to drive as planned. colorado is getting hammered from now to middle of the night friday>sat. they will need to wait for very early saturday morning. they have the car, so i just reserved a rental for one day.

GregoryIsaacs

lol same here. My buddy from Denver drove to steamboat last night to get at least part of the way to PC. Looks like hes gonna be stuck there till at least Saturday am, if he ends up going at all. Should I recommend him to take the route through WY or would I-80 be the better bet?