Who is OPEN Still - Page 43

AlpineZone

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243
Results 421 to 425 of 425
  1. #421
    Quote Originally Posted by sankaty View Post
    Data to support your point, here's a Washington Post article explaining how misleading it is to compare flu stats against COVID stats:

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...re-incomplete/
    Counterpoint. Even Fauci is backtracking on mortality rate in a journal publication.

    https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...icult/#slide-1
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

    SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

  2. #422
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post
    Counterpoint. Even Fauci is backtracking on mortality rate in a journal publication.

    https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...icult/#slide-1
    You can drive yourself crazy watching changes in the mortality rate in real time. The calculation is an incomplete numerator (deaths) over an incomplete denominator (cases). We're not going to know what the real best guess mortality rate is for a while. I suspect that the denominator is significantly understated (asymotomayic younger people and people who don't qualify to get tested are not included).

    Fauci isn't a politician. "Clarifying" is probably more accurate than "backtracking", but that's parsing words. I certainly don't envy how he's found himself in the middle of a soap opera narrative about whether he thinks Trump listens to him. It's frankly sad. The guy's a doctor trying to do his best in probably the biggest test of his life. He doesnt need to deal with that type of nonsense.

    Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Ski season is always too short

  3. #423
    Quote Originally Posted by eastern powder baby View Post
    Fauci isn't a politician. "Clarifying" is probably more accurate than "backtracking", but that's parsing words. I certainly don't envy how he's found himself in the middle of a soap opera narrative about whether he thinks Trump listens to him. It's frankly sad. The guy's a doctor trying to do his best in probably the biggest test of his life. He doesnt need to deal with that type of nonsense.
    And that's the ONLY thing the media cares about when Fauci steps-up to the plate. You feel bad for him. I watch those daily updates each day, and all the media asks him are questions asked in "clever" ways to somehow trap him into disagreeing with something Trump said. LOL
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC



  4. #424
    Quote Originally Posted by eastern powder baby View Post
    You can drive yourself crazy watching changes in the mortality rate in real time. The calculation is an incomplete numerator (deaths) over an incomplete denominator (cases). We're not going to know what the real best guess mortality rate is for a while. I suspect that the denominator is significantly understated (asymotomayic younger people and people who don't qualify to get tested are not included).
    This is all correct. And it happens with all these novel viruses, the death rate will go down.

    It's very easy to miss both asymptomatic and/or mild cases (which are the bulk of them), it's not so easy to miss a body bag. So the denominator is wildly understated, increasing mortality rate.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC



  5. #425
    fbrissette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Montreal/Jay Peak
    Posts
    1,553
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    ... trap him into disagreeing with something Trump said. LOL
    No need to trap him for that.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 AM.