How about something different - Page 47

AlpineZone

Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
    "THEY" are throwing bricks off overpasses onto the highway I'm about to drive home on.

Quote Originally Posted by asnowmobiler View Post
    "THEY" are throwing bricks off overpasses onto the highway I'm about to drive home on.
    Good luck. Piles on neatly stacked bricks are simply materializing out of nowhere.
    " We're all in this together" ....Some more together than others .

The sad thing is that the protesters are going to inevitably put health care workers at risk. Something they do not need right now.
    The true happiness of a man can be found in the mastery of his passions.

Quote Originally Posted by asnowmobiler View Post
    We should be grateful that they're peacefully throwing those bricks - The U.S. media.

President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    What does that have to do with the real world regulation of social distancing?

I literally have not been allowed to attend my small church for months now (literally) because my state says it is "unsafe" & illegal to gather & I could be arrested for it, even in that very small number.

But if you want to "gather" in the many thousands in tight groups in giant cities, it's perfectly okay & you wont be arrested. It's total horse**** & should be a case study in logical fallacy.

Your first mistake was trying to apply logic to these people. If we hadn't been through what we have in the past few months, I would say the reaction from some on this from the general population to those in the media in how they're reporting is stunning and down right hypocritical, but after witnessing the country's reaction the past couple of months nothing surprises me anymore

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    What does that have to do with the real world regulation of social distancing?
    Nothing, but frankly I'm more concerned with the federal government trampling over people's first amendment rights for the sake of Trump's phony photo op, than I am your state temporarily denying access to your church. Maybe Trump can send in the national armed forces to "liberate" your church.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app
    Leave no turn unstoned!

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhead View Post
    Nothing, but frankly I'm more concerned with the federal government trampling over people's first amendment rights for the sake of Trump's phony photo op, than I am your state temporarily denying access to your church. Maybe Trump can send in the national armed forces to "liberate" your church.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app
    First amendment for me but not for thee!

Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Ski season is always too short

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhead View Post
    Well that's pretty ******* up then.

For starters, both rights are sacrosanct to true freedom.

But your interpretation of current reality is about as wrong as is humanly possible.

Metaphysical reality #1) People LITERALLY cannot attend church, even in small numbers.
    Metaphysical reality #2) Nobody's being "prevented from protesting", even in massive numbers.

What Trump somehow has to do with this in your mind I have no idea, other than the fact he's clearly mentally broken some people in this country. I'm pretty sure COVID19 doesn't care though.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

can you guys pick another thread to ruin this was supposed to be "Something Different"

Stop picking whatever thread has traffic and bloating it with your bullshit.
    2019-2020

Ski Visits in PA 38
    Ski Visits in VT 6
    Ski Visits in CO 4

Total Ski Visits 48

Too funny! Unfortunately all revolves around a few things right now - covid19, George Floyd’s deaths and its aftermath, hating Trump and defending Trump. Everything else does not matter to most people right now.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

Thread Information