• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How about something different

BenedictGomez

Is the price of ground beef insane everywhere or is it just because I'm near the epicenter? I've heard prices are elevated nationwide, but I noticed it was $7 and $6 per pound at the two places I went yesterday (and one was WMT). Typically this would be something like $3 or $3.50 I believe.

Fortunately I have many, many, pounds of ground venison in my chest freezer. Hunting's never felt so economical before.

icecoast1

Is the price of ground beef insane everywhere or is it just because I'm near the epicenter? I've heard prices are elevated nationwide, but I noticed it was $7 and $6 per pound at the two places I went yesterday (and one was WMT). Typically this would be something like $3 or $3.50 I believe.

Fortunately I have many, many, pounds of ground venison in my chest freezer. Hunting's never felt so economical before.

Prices of meat are up drastically here in rural NY. Probably a combination of demand being through the roof and processing facilities shutting down. Farmers have also been killing their livestock which could present a problem going forward with the supply chain. Might be smart to stock up while you can or figure out other creative ways to get protein in your diet

deadheadskier

Staff member
I grind my own with the attachment for my stand mixer. I keep an eye out for sales on Bottom round or Chuck roasts, cut into cubes and throw in the freezer. Pull and grind when needed. Also like to incorporate Boneless Short rib meat for burgers.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

snoseek

Website
www.bushslastday.com
I grind my own with the attachment for my stand mixer. I keep an eye out for sales on Bottom round or Chuck roasts, cut into cubes and throw in the freezer. Pull and grind when needed. Also like to incorporate Boneless Short rib meat for burgers.

Jesus you are doing the hamburger thing right! Do you add fat ever?

chuckstah

Perfect strategy. I've been doing that for 35 years, being in the business off and on. No reason to ever pay more than the sale price of the lowest price product (within your standards) over a period of time. Storage dictates how much you can stock up. Ground beef prices are really high right now.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using AlpineZone mobile app

BenedictGomez

Amen. That's normally the absolute best strategy. You can find sales on better cuts of meat like London Broil & make better ground meat for cheaper & vacuum seal it for a LONG time. But that strategy will fail miserably today as the price of whole cuts of beef are through the flippin' roof. Which is somewhat obvious given even the lowly ground beef I'm asking about it elevated.

jimk

Something different..hmmm
The mobs destroyed SOHO last night..my building and a few others were spared..Chaos.

Sad times caused by a combination of pandemic cabin fever, job layoffs/financial crisis, summertime anarchy, and roiling racial woes.

Did you hear about this kooky guy in SLC who aimed a bow and arrow at protesters while yelling All Lives Matter! The crowd pummeled him and then flipped his car.

JimG.

Staff member
So much for social distancing and wearing masks huh?

On with the next great American drama!

asnowmobiler

I couldn't imagine living in a City like NY and not being able to be legally armed on a normal day, let alone with all this crap going on.

BenedictGomez

The mobs destroyed SOHO last night..my building and a few others were spared..Chaos.

They were advancing social justice you Neanderthal
- The U.S. media

I couldn't imagine living in a City like NY and not being able to be legally armed on a normal day, let alone with all this crap going on.

It's difficult (and expensive) to even be armed in your apartment. You can even imagine the paperwork you have to fill out & the intentional "difficultness" to invent a word of properly filling out that paperwork. And you cant download it, you must pick it up at your local precinct. I was floored by the whole process. They cant technically make it illegal to own a gun in your home because of the Second Amendment, but they can make it very expensive & very hard. So basically only well-off people with either educations or lawyers can own a firearm in NYC.

BenedictGomez

So much for social distancing and wearing masks huh? On with the next great American drama!

I presume this means I can finally return to church on Sunday if I first throw a brick through a window.

BenedictGomez

if anyone gets in your way getting there, feel free to gas them with tear gas and shoot them with rubber bullets.

What does that have to do with the real world regulation of social distancing?

I literally have not been allowed to attend my small church for months now (literally) because my state says it is "unsafe" & illegal to gather & I could be arrested for it, even in that very small number.

But if you want to "gather" in the many thousands in tight groups in giant cities, it's perfectly okay & you wont be arrested. It's total horse**** & should be a case study in logical fallacy.