Who Has Bought Their 20/21 Pass Already? - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpsis View Post
    OK, got my answer, had to communicate with IKON to get it:
    "Renewal discount ends, payment plan offer ends, and prices go up on April 22, 2020".

That sounds a bit aggressive, given the circumstances. Id back the idea of extending these normal deadlines through May 31st, anyway.

"Renewal discount ends, payment plan offer ends, and prices go up on April 22, 2020".

Interesting. That was the original deadline. Kind of odd that they removed all mention of that from their website though... If it is still the deadline, why make it harder to find?

I believe they told you that, but I call BS (they don't know). They haven't posted on facebook or instagram since March 15th. No emails, nothing. They're running around with their heads cut off and likely running at a fraction of pass sales compared to last season at this time.
    2017/2018

Quote Originally Posted by billo View Post
    Just wondering who has purchased their season pass (or multi pass) for next season already?

If you have not, would you have purchased it by this point last season? Maybe not date specific, but by the first price increase date.

I have NOT purchased my Ikon Pass yet and last year I had already purchased my 19/20 passes by this date.

Honestly, I need more guidance from Ikon and their contingency plans....they have been absolutely silent. I already have the money set aside and it's not huge, but I still don't want to rip up $2,000 and toss it in the trash.

Also, if you buy a pass and you think they'll just refund the money if there is no season you are on a different planet. It doesn't work like that. Even if they explicitly say they will refund the money....it still doesn't work like that. Ski resorts can say whatever they want but when they file bankruptcy you are at the back of the line for getting your money back.
    Very good question.

Normally, night ski season at Brighton would be winding down right now and they would be pitching renewals now. Alta/Snowbird would still be in full swing, but they would be starting the discussion. Snowbird last month did announce one pass product, but has not pushed the subject since closing. They also said that existing passholders would be getting something for their loyalty, especially during these uncertain times.

So no, we have not purchased yet. Mainly because they are not pushing, but also because, as I have discussed here, we just don't know what we are doing next year. My wife went to the darkside with IKON and only got three days on that pass. She's not the deciding factor. For all my recent bitching, I will probably just stay at Snowbird and just keep my Alta-Bird pass.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by billo View Post
    I believe they told you that, but I call BS (they don't know). They haven't posted on instagram in over 3 weeks. No emails, nothing. They're running around with their heads cut off and likely running at a fraction of pass sales compared to last season at this time.
    Quite possibly you are right. I'm sure that their sales must be down. Would you know what their price increases schedule was last year?

Off the top of my head I sort of recall that their first increase from the best (early purchase) price was in June?? I'm really not sure though.
    If they would keep to the schedule, it may easier to make the purchase decision.
    Live for today

Any ski area that has a deadline in April is going to regret it.

24% of Vermont's workforce is laid off right now. Vermont is a service economy state, but other states can't be a whole lot better.

Last two years had the Epic Local plus a Pico pass. I was leaning against Epic next year and with all that is going on will let it go. I did renew my Pico pass the last day they were open since I was skiing and had a feeling the season was ending and wanted to have something positive. It is not an expensive pass and while anything can happen if they decided to not open Pico due to awful economic circumstances than I am falling back on they would give access to Killington at pre June pass prices etc. I think that is unlikely. In September though if the season looks like a go I will pick up and Indy pass to pair with Pico.
    2019-2020: 35 (Pico 9, Wachusett 5, Sunapee 4, Crotched 3, Skiway 2, Sugarbush, Cannon 2, BEast, Whaleback, Sugar Bowl, Northstar, Kirkwood, Heavenly 2, Sierra at Tahoe)
    2018-2019: 36, 2017-2018 season: 43, 2016-2017 season: 43, 2015-2016 season: 27, 2014-2015 season: 29, 2013-2014 season: 25

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    Any ski area that has a deadline in April is going to regret it.
    Big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobbold View Post
    Isnt that a 299 pass (ragged Mtn)that have other mtns on it, a couple out west?
    1 out west, 2 Canada, one Maryland and one Virginia and then some discounts at 4 others in New England.

I bought my 2 NE Epic passes and the 2 kids local passes the day after they went on sale. The kids were 49 down plus 17 for insurance but the NE pass didn't have the 49 dollar option. So I'm into them for 1400 with pass insurance. We will see what happens!

Sent from my SM-G975U using AlpineZone mobile app
    15-16 Killington 11-17-16

Thread Information