• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown - 12/19/2007 (night)

powhunter

Upon further review I need to get my hips more forward....

Originally Posted by 2knees
check out 180 at 3:22 or so as he comes out of that line. He is so balanced and forward pressured that he is working mainly the front half of his ski in that funky turn line that was so hard to hit correctly. Greg, you want to see what shin pressure looks like, that is it right there. He is one hell of a skier. I can only dream of pulling that off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG.
Nice to see you guys appreciate what great skiing is.

Alan stays on the balls of his feet like no other skier I know.

IMO thats one of the keys.... staying on the balls. Over at epic, I heard an oldie but goodie on getting the hip forward.... try squeezing the cheeks together (i'm not talking about the cheeks on the face) imagine trying to hold a $100 bill between the crack. The muscle contraction forces the hip forward.

Im gonna try that although times are tough with xmas shopping and all...wonder if a $20 would work lol