• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

So Why DID YOU Join Alpinezone????

So Why DID YOU Join Alpinezone (and be honest...)?

• For discussion on what interests me and to get info/pics from the mtns

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As another distraction from work

• To meet people with similar interests as me.

• Because I was referred to it by a friend who was a member.

• Because I BUILT IT (there should only be one vote for this...and we know who that is).

• Free lift tickets!!!!

• To find friends to ski/hike with.

• I was forced to.

• What is Alpinezone?

• Other (please elaborate).

• Total voters

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Honestly, the free tickets were a nice perk, but I was more on a quest to learn at the time. Like I said, I get obsessive about new pursuits. :)

hammer

severine said:
Honestly, the free tickets were a nice perk, but I was more on a quest to learn at the time. Like I said, I get obsessive about new pursuits. :)
What free tickets?

Maybe I'll get some next year... :)

blacknblue

I grew up in Massachusetts and Vermont, but am stuck in Colorado now. I joined just to help break up the homesickness, I think. It's great to be able to discuss (or at least read) about Burke and Ascutney and traveling on I-93 again. I can't always offer much in terms of East Coast trip reports and conditions, but I do enjoy keeping up on the goings-on back home. Thanks for letting me stick around!

thetrailboss

Staff member
blacknblue said:
I grew up in Massachusetts and Vermont, but am stuck in Colorado now.

STUCK in Colorado, mind you, home to some of the world's best skiing :lol:

When I read that, I thought you were making out that you were stuck in the middle of Illinois or some other plains state...btw...you ARE near great skiing, right? :wink:

skijay

Friendly environment.

Some other sites breed hostility while this one extinguishes the spark before it turns into a raging fire.

SilentCal

I think i joined for the Flags on the 48 event as well. At the time of the split, I had an equal amount of posts on both sites. I've met some great people through this board though over the years and commend Greg for keeping the nonsense that drove me from the AMC boards down. The Mountains and Molehills board was so bad at times but it was good for a laugh now and then.

ChileMass

With all due respect to VFTT, I joined AZ because VFTT was just too damned serious all the time and it bummed me out. AZers seemed to be having more fun, and were able to disagree respectfully without resorting to flames, swearing and name-calling. I am psyched to be part of a community that allows me to indulge 2 of my favorite pastimes - skiing and hiking.

Personally, I've never met a bad person in the woods, winter or summer.

Mike P.

To help share hiking info & hep keep an area without the Flames that ultimately devoured M&M on AMC's site.

Chicks, now lets not go down that slippery slope, while on Isolation last year I was so worried about talking to a young woman (under than 42 at the time) & giving her a signal that I was hitting on her that I instead probably came off as being rude)

If I get close to anyone (female or male for that matter) on the trail it's because they are passing me or hogging a limted view.

Skimaine4ever

Website
www.bigsquawmountain.4t.com
Bob R said:
I was over on the Killington board talking about Loon. They love that. :D Greg wanted some picures of the new lift. He never got them, but I came over.

Ha, that kinda sound like me on the SR board, except I'm talking about Squaw. On here I can talk about all mountains and not be annoying, so that is good.

Greg

Staff member
Some new members lately so I'm gonna bump this...