• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

KustyTheKlown

goggles, ski socks with polar bears on them, and his sugarbush pass is all a belated hanukah present. i refused to ship to my sisters house. i wanted to give it all to him myself. parenting is not for me. uncle-ing is.

1dog

Skied all day today..raining at the bottom..dumping at the top...snow was great..just the right temp. Spillsville open.
My worry is the temp drop tonight..but hopefully we get enough snow to cover it all up. It's looking very much like winter.
Birdland opened with whales..lower organ still whaled up...Steins huge whales and moguls..wildfire nice moguls and birch in great shape...
The forecast for the whole weekend looks great....View attachment 56028View attachment 56029View attachment 56030View attachment 56031
Thx King, all our problems/complaints/witchin' n' bicthin' fade away with these pics and forecast - safe travels everyone. It's a Kwanza Miracle! Actually, my prayer of a week ago appears to be answered a week later than requested. . . . Could I ask please Lord for Moonshine? Morning Star? If I may be so bold as to ask for Slidebrook? Amen

1dog

goggles, ski socks with polar bears on them, and his sugarbush pass is all a belated hanukah present. i refused to ship to my sisters house. i wanted to give it all to him myself. parenting is not for me. uncle-ing is.
Reminds me of an old movie where the kid who's wayward Dad hasn't picked him up ( again) for the weekend ' Mom, you need a license for fishing, hunting, driving , but why don't they require a license to have kids?'. . . . .they are NOT for everyone. . . . .hands in front.

Kingslug20

Nope..not for everyone...
My wife wants to get a dog..I'm like..but all our neighbors have one..we can play with them...

Zand

Looks like the central greens will be the sweet spot between tonight and Sunday night. Would 18" between now and Monday be enough to get stuff like Castlerock and Paradise open?

Kingslug20

There's so many dogs up here..just walk around...
Our neighbors dog is the mayor of the block..always outside...very happy when we come over...never met the neighbors though...

Kingslug20

The drive up wasn't bad..thought it would be worse...at least 5 on the ground and still snowing...broke out the 105s..need to get some time on them.20230120_081108.jpg20230120_081102.jpg20230120_081100.jpg

KustyTheKlown

Skiing with brother in law lasted one run down downspout to heavens gate and me waiting a solid 10 for him. See ya at the bar at 3 buddy

Zand

I'm torn for my trip now. Sugarbush opened stuff like Paradise and FIS and I'm sure more to come. Meanwhile Saddleback is now 100% open but I feel like they're going to get less snow Sunday night. Haven't booked anything yet. Decisions decisions.

Hawk

Skiing with brother in law lasted one run down downspout to heavens gate and me waiting a solid 10 for him. See ya at the bar at 3 buddy
LOL Yup I have one rule for friends or family. I don't mind waiting for a minute or two, but if you can't make it down in a reasonable amount of time, you need to do your own thing.

Kingslug20

Today..is pretty awesome...100 mph conditions...side off the hardback onto the pow...
Just did the mall...super good in there...watch the water bars..
10 minute break...