The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 813

AlpineZone

Page 813 of 830 FirstFirst ... 313713763803811812813814815823 ... LastLast
Results 8,121 to 8,130 of 8298
    Quote Originally Posted by WWF-VT View Post
    I got an email a few weeks ago with the subject line "Renewal Discounts Now Available!" a while ago that had the discount code
    Yep, Found it in old email. Thanks.

For quite a while I've been searching for footage/remaining parts of the North Ridge Double. It is kind of a "mystery lift" in that it it only lasted 14 years and was never relocated. It was built new by Poma and from what I can tell used their "Delta" drive model. The chairs were relocated to Village in 1995 when the lift was removed. You would think that the lift would be in good enough condition to relocate, but I guess it never happened. I have been looking for photos for quite a while and I think I found some. I have a picture of part of the drive as well as the lifting frames. North Ridge Double .jpg Northridgedouble.jpg

If anyone has more information/pictures on this lift please post it in this thread or private message me.
    Thanks.

I rode the old North Ridge once.... way back around 1991/92. My cousin and I looked at (the original) GMX and saw the chairs flying up the hill and opted for a slower lift. I couldn't understand how to get on it at that speed, so we took the Inverness to North Ridge. Only things I remember about North Ridge were the slow ride, and the chairs coming down being at a much higher elevation than those going uphill, similar to the GMVS Poma setup. Never realized that the old Village Double chairs came from the North Ridge double, but if it was a Poma, it makes sense, as the Village had nice Poma chairs up until the end, with comfortable padding.

Later that day back in '91, we noticed the chairs slowed down in the terminals for the Green Mountain Express, so we decided to ride it. I may have ridden North Ridge once or twice after that before it was replaced with the original GMX.

That is a funny story and similar to mine of the Yankee Clipper at Mount Snow. I was told I would be riding a high speed lift at the time and was pretty nervous especially after seeing it run lol. I was much delighted to see the terminal slowdowns. This was the late 80s.

I am so bored, I go onto Sugarbush cams a couple times a day to watch the snow melt. Speak of that, I hope Win turns on the Heavengate cam, Can watch the snow melt there too.

Quote Originally Posted by nhskier1969 View Post
    I am so bored, I go onto Sugarbush cams a couple times a day to watch the snow melt. Speak of that, I hope Win turns on the Heavengate cam, Can watch the snow melt there too.
    I do the same thing. I was also disappointed when they turned off the HG cam.

Quote Originally Posted by nhskier1969 View Post
    I've stopped watching as often as I was, it was bumming me out too much.

So after over a year of on and off searching, I've finally found footage of the North Ridge Double. It's very minimal, but I learned that I was quite wrong about a few things. First of all, the chairs used were the Poma "teardrop" style double chairs, therefore, Village's chairs were not North Ridge's old chairs. Another thing I thought was that it had a top Delta drive, but it turns out that it had a bottom drive. I'm not sure what the model was as the motor room looks different than a typical Delta motor room. I'm still very surprised that it wasn't relocated as it was still very new at the time of removal. Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 11.44.43 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 11.45.12 PM.png

If anyone has more information or pictures relating to the lift, please post them.
    Thanks to shadyjay for helping me out as well.

After closer examination, it looks like the drive is a Delta drive. Attached is a picture of what that type of drive looks like:
    Deltadrive.jpg

Bet you don't have this lift in your catalog

https://www.facebook.com/misssnowita...3352/?vh=e&d=n

Thread Information