• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown 12-21-08

Greg

Staff member
BTW, they made snow over them last night and this morning. MrMagic is there this morning so he'll probably have a report. They must be sweet right now.

Got a call from powhunter who indicates that johnnypoach is reporting a powder bump alert right now. Steve-O headed over this afternoon. Wish I could pull it off....

Greg

Staff member
Steve called when he got there around 2pm and they were still bombing Temptor with snowmaking. Must be sick right now...

carbonXshell

Website
vimeo.com
Got back from a night session with MrMagic. Also met carbonXshell and skied a few runs on Temptor with him. Despite his claim that bumps aren't really his thing, he skis them pretty damn well. I also saw him ripping big arcs on Stinger from the lift a few times. A few squalls rolled through during the evening, some heavy.

The bumps were good. It almost seemed like they were flattened somehow though. The troughs were definitely not as deep as Friday night. Can't really put my finger on it, but it seems like they were run over last night perhaps. Not as mowed down as that time a few seasons ago on Nor'easter, but something was up. The lines were not the same as Friday. I'm really not complaining cuz there was some slick back sides even during the dump on Friday. Some top dressing snowmaking and we'll be able to ski in some good lines again.

I felt all out of sorts tonight. I only started pulling together some decent runs the last hour. My legs were still tired from Friday. MrMagic as usual was killing it. All in all a fun session. A fun day actually. Started with a few hours with Abby and I skiing in the snow this morning. Then the entire family went to the Christmas Village in Torrington. Snowing at the time and nobody there - a really special family outing. A nice dinner and then back out for a night ski session. Life is good.

Thanks for the kind words Greg. I had a good time skiing with you and Chris. The night would have perfect if it wasn't for a crash on Stinger (where I rolled tumbled flipped or whatever it was that happened) that left me with a swollen knee and bruised thigh. Sundown is a nice little mountain... hopefully it won't be another 25 years before i make a return trip.

Greg

Staff member
Thanks for the kind words, Jeff. Abby is doing great. A bit of a stop and go day. One run, snack break. A few more runs, potty break. Final run, I'm tired. :lol: Abby's first powder day though and we had fun skiing in the dumpage. Now all she wants to do is fist bump. ;)

A little vid of the Abb-meister shredding the pow... :lol:

2knees

dude, that is so cool! she kind of jets off around :45 or so in the video. and nice job on exhibition too!