• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who is hitting Tuckermans this year

Grassi21

i think he was referring to reefer madness. you know.....puffing nuggets, pulling tubes, poking smot, gettin high high high.

that shit is bad for you.
nonono2.gif

so so bad.... that reminds me, i need to go uhhhhhhhh ummmmm take the dogs out and enjoy some blueberries. back in 5.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Is she going to hike up and then down?

I'm thinking back to last May when the Divas tried to convince me to go down Montezuma Bowl at A-basin. So I made my way over, looked over the lip, froze up and decided there was no way in hell I was going down it. Ability-wise, I could probably have handled that (and Tucks). But I think I still have mental roadblocks I need to get past first.

The plan was for her to hike both ways. But if we do it when Sherbourne is open, she may bring her skis to ski back from the bowl, she will not ski the bowl itself. Sherbourne is a relatively easy trail, with the bumps, it would probably be an intermediate trail at most resorts.

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
So I made my way over, looked over the lip, froze up and decided there was no way in hell I was going down it. Ability-wise, I could probably have handled that (and Tucks). But I think I still have mental roadblocks I need to get past first.

One thing about Tucks is that it doesn't happen that way - since you hike up what you're going to ski down, you can pretty much stop, gear up, and ski down from whatever point starts to exceed your comfort level.

(assuming that spot is safe to stand on, of course)

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
One thing about Tucks is that it doesn't happen that way - since you hike up what you're going to ski down, you can pretty much stop, gear up, and ski down from whatever point starts to exceed your comfort level.

(assuming that spot is safe to stand on, of course)

Please you will not climb to the lip. :lol:

awf170

i could be wrong here, but after doing my homework.........you can skin up the sherbie, but the tux trail is for hiking only. if i had an AT setup, i would def use it to get up to the ravine floor. skis and boots weigh a good amount, so not having to carry them makes it much better. from there u have to boot pack it up to the top.

You can skin up either trail. Skin up the Tucks trail though since people skinning up the Sherbie annoy me. Plus the Tucks trail is an easier skin.

I'll be going up several times, as I'm sure Austin will... though on the weekends that will see a lot of traffic at Tuckerman, I'll most likely be at GoS, GG or Monroe. And I'd really like to do Oakes this year too.

Yeah, I really don't have much interest in being up in Tucks on busy weekends. Maybe on weekend in April when I try to ski all the classic difficult routes in one day, but that's basically it.

Weekends are for exploring the further reaches of the Presis. Mostly hiking up the westside then wandering out from there.

But if you guys get an AZ day going this spring I'll probably join. $2 for every pound of your junk I carry. That way I can cancel out the price of driving up.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'll put myself down as a maybe. I'd like to, but I definitely don't have 'core' enough hiking boots nor a pack I can strap my skis too. Questionable whether I purchase those items before spring comes.

I'm not going after it like Andyzee with enough gear to hike everest, but I ain't goin' ghetto either....well, maybe a blunt :lol:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I'll put myself down as a maybe. I'd like to, but I definitely don't have 'core' enough hiking boots nor a pack I can strap my skis too. Questionable whether I purchase those items before spring comes.

I'm not going after it like Andyzee with enough gear to hike everest, but I ain't goin' ghetto either....well, maybe a blunt :lol:

You bring the blunts, I'll lend you a pack.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I am in per usual. April mid-week only and then a few times all the way until the late June or early July annual suffer fest.

Maybe someone will correct me, but don't believe you AT equipment will work too good at tux.
Consider yourself corrected. TRT trail lasts longer for skinning than Sherburne lasts for skiing.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I am in per usual. April mid-week only and then a few times all the way until the late June or early July annual suffer fest.

Consider yourself corrected. TRT trail lasts longer for skinning than Sherburne lasts for skiing.

And I agree, just depends on the time of season. This thread started with talk of May.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
i could be wrong here, but after doing my homework.........you can skin up the sherbie, but the tux trail is for hiking only. if i had an AT setup, i would def use it to get up to the ravine floor. skis and boots weigh a good amount, so not having to carry them makes it much better. from there u have to boot pack it up to the top.
Vice versa. Skin up TRT, not the Sherbie. No skiing down the TRT though. You can skin to the Ravine while the snow lasts. I would saw approximately once you can no longer skin from Pinkham to HoJos all the way you probably can't skin from HoJos to the ravine anymore. That section of trail is WAY better on skins though, early April rules.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
But if you guys get an AZ day going this spring I'll probably join. $2 for every pound of your junk I carry. That way I can cancel out the price of driving up.
If it is after skinning is no longer possible, I claim first dibs. I will gladly pay $30 bucks to not have to carry my big foot boots. :D

awf170

If it is after skinning is no longer possible, I claim first dibs. I will gladly pay $30 bucks to not have to carry my big foot boots. :D

That will suck. I was hoping I would able to skin + carry someone skis and boots. But seeing that I basically have no money I will gladly find a way to make this work. Just watching me suffer will be worth the $30 alone. Let me guess, you're going to bring your alpine boots?

Let's see how much gear you guys can load me up with. If I'm able to skin from the base I would be willing to carry someones skis + boots + maybe another pair of boots if they're small enough. :spin: