What are you riding this year? - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    No good reason. I wanted to get the Nevegals based on the reviews towards the end of last season. Didn't order them in time for a ride that was coming up in which I definitely wanted better tires so I just bought the Moto Raptors from an LBS. If I don't notice a huge difference in traction, I might stick a Moto Raptor (2.24) in the rear and run a Nev (2.35) up front. That way I have a complete set of tires to change when ready. The Stick-E compound definitely is tacky so I think it'll be good on rocks and roots. If so, I'll sell the Moto Raptors to Grassi or you.
    The only thing that I'd be worried about with the Stick-E compound is that they say it wears down quickly. Seems like a lot of guys run the Stick-E up front and the regular compound in the rear to get more life out of the tires. Your idea of running the Raptor in the rear and the Nev up front may be a good one for that reason. If you don't go that route, and Grassi doesn't want them, I may be interested in the Raptors...

Brian

You turning into a weight weenie or something?
    No, I've been doing some research on weights in an attempt to make myself feel better about buying a DH wheelset for an XC bike.
    Brian

You guys distracted me.. I came in here to post that my bike is put back together and fully operational! I took it for a few laps around the house, it felt great to back on it! I even almost bit it pulling a wheelie.
    Brian

Riding tomorrow?
    I ski double black diamonds.

Riding tomorrow?
    Probably not..
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Actually, it's more like 1.8 pounds (about half a pound of that being from the rotors, which I didn't have before), but who's counting.

When you switched to ghetto and weighed the stuff that you took off did you factor in the weight of the sealant that you had to add? From what I've read you should add 2-3 ounces per tire. I don't know how much Stans sealant weighs per fluid ounce, but it's got to be at least as much as water, which is 29.57g per fluid ounce.
    I weighed everything on a digital postal scale:
    The old tubes I removed
    The new 20" bmx tubes right out of the box
    the excess rubber removed from the bmx tubes after the conversion
    & the (2) scoops of sealant I added to each tire.

I then did all the math and it worked out to around 220g per wheel if I remember correctly.

Exclamation need some singletrack on the asap

so my bike should be out of the shop soon. the drivetrain was messed up, aka new drivetrain......great. no hydrolics for now, but it should be riding a lot better. with the rain all week, maybe start some rides next week?

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Evil Imperial frame number 18.
    I see you:
    http://www.imba.com/tcc/2002/vermont.html

And there's the Evil! Scott, head of IMBA trail crew on the right, back. I miss that shop. Alot.
    If it ain't Poe, I don't go.

So far this season I've stayed on the road and riding the 2008 Specialized Roubaix purchased last spring, keeping the aluminum frame on the trainer.

Carbon pays for itself in comfort and the compact gearing makes the uphills more fun. I rode my best Century last September, 102-miles in 5:38 and almost no road fatigue previously expirenced with my aluminum frame bikes...
    Half of what I say is meaningless, but I say it so that the other half may reach you.

Thread Information