• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bretton Woods Canopy Tour 1/9

powbmps

Didn't really know where to put this TR. Not skiing, but it takes place at a ski area.

Stayed up at the Mountainview Grand in Whitefield for the weekend. My mother-in-law suprised me with a Canopy Tour at Bretton Woods. Arrived at 9:30 and suited up with the other members of our group. Six people with two guides. They provide helmets and gloves.

As we traversed through the glades I was wishing I had my skis. ~5" of fresh on top of leftovers from the 30" storm a week ago. Doesn't look like the steeper stuff here gets too much traffic. Pretty cool stuff.

3 1/2 hour long Tour with 10 zip lines and 2 rapells. Little bit of walking between some of the zip lines. At $110 it's a bit pricey, but for $9 more you can ski from 1 until close. That seems to make it a good deal.

Link to video one of the guides shot with my camera.

http://www.vimeo.com/8656171

Last edited:

powbmps

One more. Pretty cool views from some of the platforms.

Last edited:

TheBEast

Way cool! I've been wondering how many areas might actually run their canopy tours in the winter. Berkshire just put them in this summer, but don't think they have plans at the moment to run them in the winter. Certainly is a neat idea to run them all year round. Maybe a little more weather dependent in the winter.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I just got back from doing a really big zip line in Costa Rica; all I can say is that I would much rather do it in the heat of summer than the cold of winter. Glad you got the gift and had a blast. Now you can graduate to the really long, high and fast ones!

2knees

that was awesome, i've always wanted to try that.

the guide, was that linda blair by any chance? it seemed like his head must've turned about 180 degrees.