• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

N-Vermont Feb 9-?????

Grassi21

so what do you want to do for a tour. start at mrg, da bush, then smuggs or stowe? If we get some snow i'm gonna ski magic on saturday but if it doesnt, i have a free place to stay in k-town friday night and might just ski there on saturday and sunday. Grassi, you're heading home friday night right? steve, what are your plans for that weekend.

heading home friday unless the conditions on friday are epic...

Grassi21

so what do you want to do for a tour. start at mrg, da bush, then smuggs or stowe? If we get some snow i'm gonna ski magic on saturday but if it doesnt, i have a free place to stay in k-town friday night and might just ski there on saturday and sunday. Grassi, you're heading home friday night right? steve, what are your plans for that weekend.

we could do bush or mrg on wed hit stowe on thursday (i think its kind of on the way from warren to st albans). wake up friday and hit smuggs or even jay. smuggs appears closer to st albans. and selfish me, since i am driving home on friday would rather head south of albans to smuggs rather than north to jay.

just my 2 cents...

2knees

we could do bush or mrg on wed hit stowe on thursday (i think its kind of on the way from warren to st albans). wake up friday and hit smuggs or even jay. smuggs appears closer to st albans. and selfish me, since i am driving home on friday would rather head south of albans to smuggs rather than north to jay.

just my 2 cents...

i'm down with that. you skiing tuesday or just driving up that night.

Grassi21

i'm down with that. you skiing tuesday or just driving up that night.

skiing tuesday with the powhunter. location tbd. i'm thinking okemo for a cheap lift ticket with my sundown pass.

ps - it also a reasonable ride on the first morning out.

2knees

stowe has been getting refreshed all week with 2" - 6" shots. Mad River reports 4-6 new last night also. MRG looks like its back in play!

I say Ellen, MRG, Stowe. Someone pm Mr. T and tell him we'll be at his stomping ground on wednesday so we can get the full bump tour.

powbmps

stowe has been getting refreshed all week with 2" - 6" shots. Mad River reports 4-6 new last night also. MRG looks like its back in play!

I say Ellen, MRG, Stowe. Someone pm Mr. T and tell him we'll be at his stomping ground on wednesday so we can get the full bump tour.

So would that be....

Wed=Ellen
Thu=MRG
Fri=Stowe
Sat=???

2knees

So would that be....

Wed=Ellen
Thu=MRG
Fri=Stowe
Sat=???

I'm still holding out hope for magic on saturday. we'll have to see what the possible wednesday event does. If nothing changes between now and then, how about killington?

which other day were you looking at? I know you want to go to MRG also so we can switch that around to fit your schedule.

powbmps

I'm still holding out hope for magic on saturday. we'll have to see what the possible wednesday event does. If nothing changes between now and then, how about killington?

which other day were you looking at? I know you want to go to MRG also so we can switch that around to fit your schedule.

Don't worry about me. I'm planning on Wed or Thu. Still trying to figure out which day.

I've never skied MRG, Stowe or Smuggling Plums and have only been to Sugarbush when they had a few trails open and Jay once when I was 12. Any of them sound interesting.

Greg

Staff member
Enjoy it guys! Wish I could be there for your first MRG experiences, but be sure to take pics and vid and stuff.

Grassi21

well JD would know for sure so that might be the way to go. I do want to hit MRG though.

i'm cool with deciding when we get up there. i'm just thinking of a possible long drive home on friday from jay after skiing 4 days in a row.

madskier6

I know I'm a little late to the game but I'd love to meet you guys at MRG next week. Thursday would work well for me but I could probably make Wednesday as well. Let me know what your final decision is & I'll make it work.

2knees

I know I'm a little late to the game but I'd love to meet you guys at MRG next week. Thursday would work well for me but I could probably make Wednesday as well. Let me know what your final decision is & I'll make it work.

Jeff, trust me when I say we'll work it around your schedule. since we'll be at the golden lion tuesday and wednesday, it doesnt matter for us whether we do mrg on wed or thurs.

do you still have my cell number?

madskier6

Jeff, trust me when I say we'll work it around your schedule. since we'll be at the golden lion tuesday and wednesday, it doesnt matter for us whether we do mrg on wed or thurs.

do you still have my cell number?

Thanks, Pat. Yes, I do have your cell.

For me, the tie-breaker should be on which day are the snow conditions the best for MRG. Ellen probably has a better base than MRG (don't know for sure, just assuming due to more snow guns) so you should choose the day which has better freshies (if there will be any) for MRG.

2knees

wed - mrg
thurs - stowe
fri - smuggs

???

well JD would know for sure so that might be the way to go. I do want to hit MRG though.

i'm cool with deciding when we get up there. i'm just thinking of a possible long drive home on friday from jay after skiing 4 days in a row.

I meant the way you posted it. I totally get not wanting to drive to jay and then home on friday. lets see what powhumps and gladskier6 schedules look like and we can make everybody happier then pigs in shit....

beotch.

powhunter

Thanks, Pat. Yes, I do have your cell.

For me, the tie-breaker should be on which day are the snow conditions the best for MRG. Ellen probably has a better base than MRG (don't know for sure, just assuming due to more snow guns) so you should choose the day which has better freshies (if there will be any) for MRG.

Jeff.. How the f are ya?? Would be great to rip it with ya agin!!

Steveo