• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

This weekend...

2knees

gonna wait to see what people say today and tomorrow. going sunday and looking at k, hunter or even sugarbush.

gmcunni

Like 2knees waiting to hear but need to stay close to home. Hoping for good news at berkshire east.

WWF-VT

As always I'll be be back at Sugarbush. I was at PT today and got the OK to give my leg a try so rather than being just a spectator I hope to get in a few runs off the Village Double and Gatehouse chairs. Meanwhile my kids will be waist deep in the woods.

MR. evil

Heading to magic on Sat with Randi, Paul and his fam will also be there

soulseller

I'm at Okemo this weekend, would be heading further north but this trip has been planned for a long time and there are 8 of us heading up and its hard to audible with that many people.

Might do Magic on Sunday afternoon if it looks like it will be good.

WJenness

Driving up to SR tonight.

Will asses conditions, may audible and hit SL or SB tomorrow instead of SR, depends on snow and my buddy's decision.

We have to go there first because his stuff is at the condo at SR.

-w

neil

I am going to SR. No chance of changing it, so hoping for the best.

Geoff

Killington is going to be jammed and people are going to be realy pissed. The conditions look nothing like you would expect after 4 feet of snow due to the rain and high winds.

2knees

Killington is going to be jammed and people are going to be realy pissed. The conditions look nothing like you would expect after 4 feet of snow due to the rain and high winds.

have you been out yet today?

petergriffen

Ill prob be at Jay tomorrow, seems they missed some of the precip last night. Im just hoping for wetsnow instead of ice. Hopefully someone will report real conditions.

LongStep

From Southern NH

Exit 3/Bethel off I-89. Take 107 west to 100 North, then follow it up through Rochester, Hancock and Granville until you take a left onto the Sugarbush Access Road (look for the Sugarbush Resort Area sign) in Warren.

or

take I-89 north to Exit 9/Middlesex to Route 100b. Follow 100b to 100 South through Waitsfield. Turn right onto the Sugarbush Access Road (look for the Sugarbush Resort Area sign).

car= Lincoln town car Never drove the back roads in Vt should I stick with the longer 89 route? Or can you save alot of time getting off at exit 3?

WWF-VT

From Southern NH

Exit 3/Bethel off I-89. Take 107 west to 100 North, then follow it up through Rochester, Hancock and Granville until you take a left onto the Sugarbush Access Road (look for the Sugarbush Resort Area sign) in Warren.
or
take I-89 north to Exit 9/Middlesex to Route 100b. Follow 100b to 100 South through Waitsfield. Turn right onto the Sugarbush Access Road (look for the Sugarbush Resort Area sign).

car= Lincoln town car Never drove the back roads in Vt should I stick with the longer 89 route? Or can you save alot of time getting off at exit 3?

You will not save time taking Exit 3. I take the EXIT 3 route if the road conditions on 89 are bad. RTE 100 is usually in good shape.

I would rather do 40+ MPH on backroads than 60+ MPH on 89. If there is ice or snow squalls I-89 is no fun.
I drive an AWD car with snow tires.