• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Traditions to & from your ski trips?

Edd

We always stop at the Red Parka Pub in Glen after Wildcat, Attitash, or hiking. Great beers, great wings, terrific people, the occasional good band.....what else could you want?

Outstanding prime rib there.

kickstand

We always stop at the Red Parka Pub in Glen after Wildcat, Attitash, or hiking. Great beers, great wings, terrific people, the occasional good band.....what else could you want?

They recently changed their menu, pretty drastically, I thought, and not for the better. Definitely a great place to go for beers and atmosphere, but I'd get the grub somewhere else.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
On the way back from Sugarloaf I stopped at the little gas station at the end. Then I stopped at Taco Bell :vomit: I never eat that! Then we stopped at the rest stop on I-95

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
We used to stop at a diner in Whitehall NY on the way home from Vermont to New Jersey called the Silver Diner. Great fried clams. Unfortunately it is no longer there. I do believe I may have discovered a replacement though. The Birdseye Diner in Castleton Vt.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Alex, I live on Lake Bomoseen and went to college at Castleton State College, we used to always eat at the Birdseye Diner, you should try the Wooden Soldier in Fair Haven next time you are up that way, more local flavor :beer:

vdk03

I am not sure if i would call it a 'tradition' but one thing i like about killington being my home base, is the happy hour:beer:

in the years past the majority of the bars gave out free wings and had cheap drinks from 3 to 6, then with these tough times they stopped giving out the wings. The only one that still offers them is sushi yoshi. im sure ill be there this weekend, gotta use the $50 gift card nick gave me for signing up! haha

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Alex, I live on Lake Bomoseen and went to college at Castleton State College, we used to always eat at the Birdseye Diner, you should try the Wooden Soldier in Fair Haven next time you are up that way, more local flavor :beer:

Me and my wife used to stay at the Edgewater Motel when we first started going to Killington.

Bostonian

Two words...

Stale Munchkins

Always made a point of hitting up dunkie's for the stale munchkins with a buddy who has since moved out to Denver. In fact last year, I brought out stale munchkins with me to Denver for the ride to Vail.

4aprice

Wow! My daughter will be entering Castleton State in the fall. Thats why I was exploring that area the other weekend scoping things out for the next 4 years. Will check out the Wooden Soldier.

OT: How is Lake Bomoseen for boating? Wife and I want to check it out. Might look into property there if it looks like a good investment. Boat ramp suggestions?

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

hrstrat57

Coming back from Wa or B-East would be a stop Honey Dew on 146S for a coconut jelly stick......

Yum.....

NH often includes a stop at the Tilton Diner.....

BackLoafRiver

Hookers and blow???

[Enter obligatory Charlie Sheen joke]

Always stop at Irving outside of Augusta on 27 on the way up for coffee and a breakfast sandwich. By then I am 45 minutes into the trip and am in need of something.

On the way home, I stop at Top Gas (Ayotte's) for some food for the drive home. Almost always the same thing.

john1200c

Moat Brewery or Red Parka after Attitash. Shannon Door after Wildcat. Joeys Diner or Five Guys after Crotched.

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Wow! My daughter will be entering Castleton State in the fall. Thats why I was exploring that area the other weekend scoping things out for the next 4 years. Will check out the Wooden Soldier.

OT: How is Lake Bomoseen for boating? Wife and I want to check it out. Might look into property there if it looks like a good investment. Boat ramp suggestions?

CSC is a great school, they have made lots of improvements since I graduated (mostly towards the athletic department) but they have some good programs to offer!
Lake Bomoseen is a great lake and in my opinion totally worth an investment. Boating is great and there are 2 boat ramps that we use, both on the West side. One is deemed "the Green dump" and the other is further on the north end and you need to cross over a bridge called Float Bridge, all very easily accessible. If your daughter has any questions please feel free, I'd be happy to help any way I can!
Wooden Soldier is a great breakfast place in Fair Haven, beware I think they close by 11:30 or noon haha, another great place is the Lake House, nice views and they serve reasonably priced food!

4aprice

CSC is a great school, they have made lots of improvements since I graduated (mostly towards the athletic department) but they have some good programs to offer!
Lake Bomoseen is a great lake and in my opinion totally worth an investment. Boating is great and there are 2 boat ramps that we use, both on the West side. One is deemed "the Green dump" and the other is further on the north end and you need to cross over a bridge called Float Bridge, all very easily accessible. If your daughter has any questions please feel free, I'd be happy to help any way I can!
Wooden Soldier is a great breakfast place in Fair Haven, beware I think they close by 11:30 or noon haha, another great place is the Lake House, nice views and they serve reasonably priced food!

I'm sold. Love the location and the skiing possiablilties. Sounds like you have a boat too. If you see a Chris Craft with Jersey regs and the name Bubbles on the stern it will be us. We love it when people come over and raft up and my wife always supplies plenty of food and the "bar" (actually one of the holds) is always stocked. The Captain is always on board. FWIW Is there a place where all the boats anchor up?

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ