• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

1st Snowflake of the season

WJenness

Had my first below freezing morning today... my audi said 29 degrees as I backed down the driveway.

That's an awful familiar instrument cluster... B6A4?

-w

drjeff

Had my first below freezing morning today... my audi said 29 degrees as I backed down the driveway.

That's an awful familiar instrument cluster... B6A4?

-w

My wife's Q7 has the same instrument cluster too. And almost the exact same mileage to boot ;)

bvibert

Staff member
Congrats! I got my first one a while back, I think it was 27F here when I left this morning.

hammer

Just took the dog for a walk...it's 33.6 degrees out on my back deck but somehow it feels like winter now...:snow:

SKIQUATTRO

hey Doc....how you liking the Q7? my wife's volvo xc70 lease is up in June and the Q7 is in the running...we need the 3rd row and more cargo room than the XC70 allows for...we came from the Nissan Armada and miss the gear that could handle, but dont miss the $80-90/week gas bill

drjeff

hey Doc....how you liking the Q7? my wife's volvo xc70 lease is up in June and the Q7 is in the running...we need the 3rd row and more cargo room than the XC70 allows for...we came from the Nissan Armada and miss the gear that could handle, but dont miss the $80-90/week gas bill

Overall, she loves her Q7 in the now just over 3 years she's had it. The only thing she wishes was different about it was the gas mileage thing (suprise, suprise), she gets 21/22mpg on average, with probably 70% of her miles being highway miles.

WJenness

2002 A4 Avant, 5spd, sport pckg

Excellent.

Debating looking for a B7 avant 2.0T 6sp, they're few and far between though...

Depends on how long I hang on to my current ride ('04 3.0Q M6 - Sport, Convenience, Premium packages + Premium leather (basically everything except Bose and Nav.))

I'm unashamed to admit that I'm an Audi fanboy...

-w

drjeff

Damn...

That must be the Mt Snow & Foxboro Express!

-w

Yup, she spend A LOT of time in that car!!! Between 30 to 40 miles each way to work (depending on which office she's going to that day), then a couple of days a week she swims with a local master's group in a YMCA that's 30 miles in the opposite direction of our house that her office is :eek: Then living in the rural part of CT, a trip to the mall is another 60 mile round trip, carting the kids around, trips to VT, etc, etc, etc :eek: She's averaging 25/26K a year on her car, I got my latest car last April 20th, and I flipped through 16K yesterday :eek: - Between her and I we average 50/55k a year :eek:

Glenn

Overall, she loves her Q7 in the now just over 3 years she's had it. The only thing she wishes was different about it was the gas mileage thing (suprise, suprise), she gets 21/22mpg on average, with probably 70% of her miles being highway miles.

That's not bad mileage at all. I average about 16/18-20 in the Grand Cherokee with the I-6.