• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2010 Sundown Bump Comps

Greg

Staff member
Warning: this is a Sundown and mogul-related thread. You have been warned.

The bump comps next year will be held on January 30 and March 20 (both Saturdays!). Mark your calenders. Apparently, there are some big top secret plans surrounding the spring comp, but for January, Jarrod and co. is looking for some feedback.

Who would be the ideal product sponsors if you guys had a choice?
Any changes to format?
Any changes to timing?
Any additions to the day like longer / shorter warm up time?

Feel free to share any other ideas/suggestions.

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
Warning: this is a Sundown and mogul-related thread. You have been warned.

The bump comps next year will be held on January 30 and March 20 (both Saturdays!). Mark your calenders. Apparently, there are some big top secret plans surrounding the spring comp, but for January, Jarrod and co. is looking for some feedback.

Who would be the idea product sponsors if you guys had a choice?
Any changes to format?
Any changes to timing?
Any additions to the day like longer / shorter warm up time?

Feel free to share any other ideas/suggestions.

i'm wondering what the ideal sponsors would be... that idea typo was on my end i think

mondeo

Good sponsors for me: Dalbello, Full Tilt, Dynastar, Elan, Smith. Elan might be doable, given that they're a more recent addition to the bump ski game.

Format: judging more than format. If they can get 5 judges, do 2 T&L, 1 jump, 1 speed, 1 overall. And for the duals, they get flags, and it's just who gets the most flags.

Timing: earlier and shorter warm-up.

thorski

In the flatlands of Ct. for a little bit longer.
Good sponsors for me: Dalbello, Full Tilt, Dynastar, Elan, Smith. Elan might be doable, given that they're a more recent addition to the bump ski game.

Format: judging more than format. If they can get 5 judges, do 2 T&L, 1 jump, 1 speed, 1 overall. And for the duals, they get flags, and it's just who gets the most flags.

Timing: earlier and shorter warm-up.

6 flags=more fun
as long as they are'nt chinese or korean made flags. I'd rather they be made here by chinese koreans or mexicans. :flag:

Grassi21

I think a local brewery would be a great sponsor. That could lead to a nice special on a local brew. Those Coronas went down like water, but I switched to the high octane stuff at the bar pretty quickly...

deadheadskier

Staff member
If possible, I think it would be cool to get a couple of pros or former pros to attend the event and do a demo before the race. Perhaps have them help judge as well.

Seeing someone rip it on the slopes always gets me pumped up and pushes me to ski my best.

SkiDork

couple of things...

1) The course should be a little shorter at the bottom (compared to the sping comp)

2) The announcer should be in radio contact with the starter and have a list of bib numbers so they can announce exactly who is in the starting gate (for the benefit of the video folks)

3) Slopestyle comp should be on a seperate day (although this may not work well for an amateur comp)

Thats all I can think of for now, if I think of anything else I'll be sure to post it here.

Chris Sullivan

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Grassi has his priorities right. Thomas Hooker Brewing Company will be here. They have been very helpful to us in the past with our Brew Fest.