• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2013-2014 Ski Area Goals...

Tin

Anyone have any areas or trails they have yet to ski?

Shooting for Whaleback, Saddleback, Platty, and Sugarloaf this year.

For trails, I would love to ski the Tramline at Cannon, planning a few trips there in Feb/March.

4aprice

Southern Vermont is my target area for this year once past the PA race season. Already hit Bromley and Okemo and will hit them again along with MS, Stratton, Magic, K and Pico. Will get to hit Gore as well. Pretty much got my ticket deals set up already. Never gotten to do South Bowl @ MS so that's on the trail list. Colorado mid April.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

If the boys racing season is a success, will be up at Attitash (which I've never skied) the 2nd weekend in March and that would include a day at the Cat.

catsup948

I want to get back to Magic for a powder day. I want to try Middlebury, Burke, and maybe get out to the catskills. I hope to get up to Mad River Glen for the first time since I was a kid.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Savemeasammy

I want to revisit Smuggs, liftline in particular. Jay - face chutes (along with lots of other stuff). Cannon. I've been many times, but never since tramline was a trail. I look forward to that. Sugarbush. I've never been when they were near 100%, and it looks like they have lots of good stuff (castlerock in particular). MRG. I will be at the AZ summit for my first ever trip to the loaf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tin

Sugarbush. I've never been when they were near 100%, and it looks like they have lots of good stuff (castlerock in particular).

Rumble is great and there are some great unmarked woods on Castlerock. Paradise is hard to beat there.

Just realized Magic is less than a 3 hour drive from Providence, given there Throwback Thursday deals I guess I will put that on my list for a day trip.

xwhaler

New Areas: Black Mtn of ME, Dartmouth, S6, Middlebury, Jay (went once 6 yrs ago when it was freezing cold/windy and didn't see much of the mtn)
Trails: Tramline at Cannon would be a real thrill for me as well as Liftline at Smuggs----more just to say I did and to see first hand what all the chatter is about.

Savemeasammy

^Suixide six is actually a decent little hill. IMO it's better than Whaleback (I'm grading on a curve here ;) )

ScottySkis

Did a new hill. I did Catamont and will go more. Do Stowe and the Bush for a few weekends.
Hopefully get up to North NH and Sugarloaf Alpine getting together it be awesome.

xwhaler

I love Whaleback...think it skis much bigger than the vertical would suggest. I've read some TR's that suggest S6's vertical is not that continuous. We may go there over Xmas Break and if I really like it would go back later in the yr with a Fox44 voucher (blacked out during xmas week)

Savemeasammy

It's been a while, but s6 seemed steeper at the bottom like the whale, but more so. It's worth a shot anyway. They used to have $6 tix on weds (I think) way back when. Couldn't lose.

dlague

Goal 25-28 Ski Resorts and 40+ Visits with a sub $20 per visit Lift ticket cost.

New Resorts
Tremblant (Ski show deal)
Stowe (Ski Vermont 3 Pass)
Black Mountain of Maine while on a trip to Sunday River
Killington Mid winter (only have skied early and late season) (Ski Vermont 3 Pass)
Cannon (Fox 44)
Gore (Fox 44)
Titus (maybe) (Fox 44)
Whiteface (maybe)
Middlebury (Fox 44)
Suicide Six (Fox 44)
Mad River Glen (Fox 44)

Revisits (Been there once or in the past)
Smuggs (Fox 44)
Sunday River (Ski Movie 2 fer)
Pico (RSNE Sunday 2 fer)
Saddleback (RSNE)
Owl's Head (RSNE)
Black Mountain (NH) (RSNE)

Usual Suspects
Jay Peak (RSNE and Hope on the Slopes)
Burke (NEK Sunday)
Ragged (RSNE, Liftopia, and Comp)
Bolton Valley (RSNE)
Bretton Woods (Resident Sunday Afternoon)
Okemo (Ski Vermont 3 Pass and Resident Sunday Afternoon or morning)
Gunstock (WM Movie 2 fer, Tuesday Night 2 Fer)
Waterville (RSNE)
Sugarbush (RSNE and Comp)
Pats Peak (RSNE)
Wildcat (Comp)
Killington (Early and Late Season 2 fers and Liftopia)

Domeskier

For me, it's Xanadu! Looks like the opening has been pushed back to the 2014/2015 season. I'll believe it when i ski it!

steamboat1

It's been a while, but s6 seemed steeper at the bottom like the whale, but more so. It's worth a shot anyway. They used to have $6 tix on weds (I think) way back when. Couldn't lose.

billski posted this in the cheap thread FYI.

Suicide 6

$10 MONDAYS
We’re continuing our Monday lift ticket special! Every Monday,
non-peak periods, lift tickets are only $10.00!
(This special is not available on December 23, 2013, December 30, 2013, January
20, 2014 or February 17, 2014. Suicide Six reserves the right to close the ski area to
the public for private events without notice.)

FRUGAL FRIDAY
Come ski or board with us on Fridays! Our Frugal Friday lift tickets
are just $25 for Adults or $20 for Children & Seniors. Tots 5 and
under are always $10.
(This special is not available December 27, 2013, January 3, 2014 or February 21, 2014.)