• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2016-2017 AlpineZone Fantasy Football

manhattanskier

Website
www.patriotbrass.org
Hello everyone,

We are going to have an AlpineZone Fantasy Football League again this season. We had a great time last year and we donated the winnings to Vermont Adaptive. Please write a message here if you would like to join our group, it is so much fun even if you have never played before. I am thinking about a $50 buy in this year, what do you all think?

Whitey

Hello everyone,

We are going to have an AlpineZone Fantasy Football League again this season. We had a great time last year and we donated the winnings to Vermont Adaptive. Please write a message here if you would like to join our group, it is so much fun even if you have never played before. I am thinking about a $50 buy in this year, what do you all think?

Agreed. My experience is that if you set the buy in $ too low people don't really pay that much attention to it and quickly stop working their roster if they lose a game or two. By week 6 you've got 2-3 ppl still paying attention and the rest are leaving players in their starting line up who are on their bye week and doing stuff like that.

PS - I am in again this year.

xlr8r

I'm interested in doing it again. Hopefully we can get it up to a 10 or 12 team league this year.

manhattanskier

Website
www.patriotbrass.org
Wonderful, everyone feels OK with $50?

We have 7 so far, it is so much fun to have a skiing themed Fantasy Football League, lets make it happen again!

I love an 8 team league but 10-12 would be great too, what do you all think about size?

Are you all cool with a auction draft agian? It is a lot more exciting right?

Whitey

Wonderful, everyone feels OK with $50?

We have 7 so far, it is so much fun to have a skiing themed Fantasy Football League, lets make it happen again!

I love an 8 team league but 10-12 would be great too, what do you all think about size?

Are you all cool with a auction draft agian? It is a lot more exciting right?

Auction draft. 8-10 league size. Those are my votes.

Jcb890

All winnings are being donated to charity? So, people are donating $50 to a charity and playing a free fantasy football league?

mriceyman

All winnings are being donated to charity? So, people are donating $50 to a charity and playing a free fantasy football league?

Was that said above?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Jcb890

Hello everyone,

Was that said above?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Yes, at the top of the page.

Jcb890

I won, I donated to charity. Winner does whatever they want lol but since it was our money I used the term we.

Well, you may want to set rules/guidelines ahead of time. Your original post makes it sound like this is a $50 donation to charity ($50 from each person) and people play Fantasy Football against one another for free.

If you want to make it so the winner gives $50 to charity or if you want to have all of the league dues go to charity, those are different things.

Is it a PPR league?
What are starting roster requirements?
Etc.

Jcb890

Can you please clarify the charity part? Is it part of the league or just something you wanted to do?