• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

204cm K2 Extremes back in action!

Bigsticks

I'm brand new to this forum stuff and just wanted to see how many other folks are still rippin' on long boards? I just had my 204cm K2 Extremes remounted and can't wait to put 'em back on the snow. I had to rent a pair last weekend when I broke my old bindings second day out - the biggest skis the place had were 172cm - I skied on that length when I was 15 - I'm sure this post will get those short ski folks worked up but that's ok. Peace

dmc

I delaminated those back in 1993 ... :)

Smellytele

I'm brand new to this forum stuff and just wanted to see how many other folks are still rippin' on long boards? I just had my 204cm K2 Extremes remounted and can't wait to put 'em back on the snow. I had to rent a pair last weekend when I broke my old bindings second day out - the biggest skis the place had were 172cm - I skied on that length when I was 15 - I'm sure this post will get those short ski folks worked up but that's ok. Peace

Only jumpers have skis that long. :) the longest they make the K2 Extremes now are like 184cm

The Sneak

It was only when my folks' sold my childhood home in 06 that I threw away my Rossignol 198cm 7XKs.
With those sick Marker SC bindings!

Bigsticks

Sweet! I have a pair of 207cm Rossi 3G's I used to race on that I'll remount next season - I cannot get enough of skiing on long boards.

Bigsticks

Nice pic of Glen - I used to watch all those early ski films - I actually made a life size cut out of him in art class in high school back in 1989

wa-loaf

Bent mine in the 90s sometime. Great skis in their day. I'd only be interested in skiing them again for a retro day or something. Modern skis are much more fun.

I have some Merlin Vs from 97 that are 198's. Haven't been on them in 6 years or so.

fbrissette

I am of the 'you are not a man unless you ski 200+ cm skis' generation. I have had several skis in the 200-210cm range. I resisted the 'shaped ski fad' for a long time. Then I saw a swiss dude win a slalom world cup on 161 cm skis and I though that may be there is something to that fad afterall. I tried shaped skis and never came back. They are simply that much better.

I did not resist the 'rocker fad' for a very long time. I demo'ed and immediately bought a pair. Rockered ski absolutely rock on everything but ice. Nobody could pay me enough to go back to my long narrow planks.