• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

3/12 Jinx Thread

KustyTheKlown

i hate to car camp. its like a bridge too far on dirtbag for me. but i am concerned about driving from my motel towns on sat morning and am wondering if i should just hunker down in the fucking sugarbush parking lot from like 1 AM to morning.

NYDB

i booked a room in white river junction for Friday and Saturday that will put me within about 60-90 minutes of all options. considering jay, bolton, sugarbush for sat, and hopefully magic for sun. can access loon, waterville, cannon if this storm is snow in NH but this looks like an abrupt rain/snow line along the vt/nh border.

i also have a room in rutland but i think i want to be on 89 or 91 on sat morning, and not on 7 or 100 and the gap roads.
unless this storm super over produces for SoVT i'd reconsider Magic on sunday. There is so little open and no base. I'd stay as north as possible.

ThatGuy

unless this storm super over produces for SoVT i'd reconsider Magic on sunday. There is so little open and no base. I'd stay as north as possible.
Seconding this. We need over a foot of heavy snow to open any terrain. Ill let you know on Saturday how its looking, I’ll be at Magic. Then going North where the snow is.

KustyTheKlown

i know i know i'm just trying to get value out of my sunday pass. if Saturday produces i may be down for magic just to milk the pass and be closer to home for the final drive south. I'm also down to 1 killington day left on ikon so that's being saved for later.

ThatGuy

Was real wet and heavy for the first 3” so that should help the possible snowstorm Saturday.

chuckstah

Several inches southern NH. Tomorrow morning should be good for a while until it warms up and gets super sticky. Gonna be in the 40's to 50. It will mostly melt by Friday.

Zand

0309221921.jpg
Wawa didn't suck too bad tonight. Can't imagine how ugly it was before the snow, but 4-5" makes a big difference.

Zand

just yolo'd a way too expensive room in waitsfield friday to sunday. lesssssgo
I was trying to figure out where to stay for a Jay trip. Everywhere in the NEK is either super expensive or a super shithole (ever seen the Lyndonville Colonnade? Lmfao) and I wasn't sure what to do other than break into my old apartment and probably find it vacant. Figured out that St Albans is the same distance from Jay as St Johnsbury is but has some cheaper brand name places like a La Quinta. Plus it's 25 minutes from Burlington instead of 25 minutes from....Littleton. If the storm holds true then I know where I'll be booking at least.

brandt_cant_watch

I'm glad I pulled the trigger on Tuesday and got a cheapish room in Waitsfield before they jacked prices up in the valley. I was actually shocked it wasnt completely booked up.

slatham

Yesterday was a beautiful outperformer at least for Cats/Berks/SoVt.. Was great to watch and track with the Magic weather team - for once a better than forecasted storm. Happy to say I thought it would outperform but even my ambitious forecast of 3-4" was exceeded! Magic got 5-6". Saturday storm looking decent with upside. Sunday could very well be the day of the year, IF this next storm can deliver.

BenedictGomez

Figured out that St Albans is the same distance from Jay as St Johnsbury is but has some cheaper brand name places like a La Quinta.

I'll be staying in St. Albans to ski Jay on Sunday as well. It's usually an easy, ~50 minute drive. Sunday on typically terrible Vermont roads I'm guessing 1 hour and 15 minutes.

KustyTheKlown

MY WIENER IS MOVING

275235339_704972764287116_5160377751879322370_n.jpg

MidnightJester

Here's to the bigger red blob(18") on Stowe and Smugglers(I believe) above the R in Vermont??