• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

3/12 Jinx Thread

MidnightJester

Thank you Krusty. That makes my Stowe and Smugglers mind smile for this Sunday and Monday

ThatGuy

MY WIENER IS MOVING

275235339_704972764287116_5160377751879322370_n.jpg
Please lord actually snow I can’t take another storm that doesn’t perform.

TSQURD

i am already spending stupid money this weekned but i gonna wanna go to mad river glen.
MRG is sold out for Sat and Sunday is close to sold out as of late afternoon. Better grab that ticket soon if you dont have a pass

BenedictGomez

Those snow numbers on the map probably should be multiplied by something like 75% or 80%. Still an awesome storm, but I doubt those figures verify in most areas due to temps, daytime storm / sun angle, etc...

KustyTheKlown

lol. its ok. it was sold out last night when i went to check. I'm kinda glad. 600 lodging + 85 mrg ticket + gas in the mid 4$ range is just craziness. sugarbush Saturday, not sure if north or south. bolton jay or sugarbush sunday depending on roads and if i want to drive north to extend my final drive south.

everyone drive safe and have fun this weekend

Zand

NWS point & click jackpots Stowe at 13-23", Jay right behind at 12-20". Mt Ellen 12-18".

Still banking on Jay getting a few more inches post storm that the others might not get.

Guess my plan is 1/2 day at Sugarbush or Bolton on Sunday (because theres no way in hell I'll be getting up early enough for a full day with DST starting), then stay in St Albans with Jay days Monday and Tuesday and Sugarbush Wednesday before heading home.

Last edited:

Smellytele

Wind has me concerned for Sunday. Took Monday off to pick up the scraps.

Sunday
Areas of blowing snow before 3pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 18. Windy, with a west wind 34 to 39 mph decreasing to 25 to 30 mph in the afternoon

MidnightJester

Anyone know what wind numbers Smugglers runs its lifts till?? I remember being up on lifts there on a few brutally cold windy days but not sure on the wind numbers on those days. Wondering since we will being seeing approximately 30mph gusts Sunday

Dickc

Was at Crotched today and a patroller told me they expect a LOT of rain followed by 2-3 inches of snow. Trails are thin with some bare spots developing. Its going to be ugly there Sunday!

BenedictGomez

Very real chance I'm about to drive roughly 14 hours round-trip and ski a total of 0 days. Gotta risk it sometimes.

BenedictGomez

Wind is a real coin-toss at this point. As per modeled it looks like it will be okay, but when you're dealing with strong energy like this, "as per modeled" is more like guidance than reality. Seen it go both directions, good/bad many times before.

Zand

I mean...some of the usuals might have a tough day with wind Sunday but in that case just go where the wind isn't as much of a factor. Bretton Woods might be the best bet for a combo of decent snow totals and least winds if you don't mind driving a bit.

mbedle

I am going to sit at the toll house entrance (with a good drink) on Saturday afternoon and enjoy the absolute cluster F&^k that is going happen on Mountain Road... lol