• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

30th Birthday Weekend Options

sma508112

I first want to say hi. My name is Sean, finally back into skis after riding a snowboard for 15 years. This is my first post so I wanted to introduce myself.
After enjoying the weekend at Sugarloaf, my Fiancé mentioned she may want to book a stay at a resort for her 30th Birthday, the weekend of 3/30. I'm looking for recomendations on a place similar to Stratton (village type atmosphere, bars, restaurants, etc) Our main goal is to be able to park and not have to drive until we leave on Sunday. If anyone has any thoughts it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

bdfreetuna

Happy birthday in advance.

Sugarloaf not only is gonna have the best snow most likely at that point but it's kind of also the best park-and-enjoy the weekend mountain I can think of in the East. Sugarloaf Inn even has it's own chairlift. If I lived closer to Sugarloaf probably half my ski days would be there.

Puck it advice seconded.

shwilly

The Loaf is great, for sure.

I will just add: I've never been, but I've heard that Mont Tremblant in QC has a large, developed base village.

VTKilarney

The Loaf is great, for sure.

I will just add: I've never been, but I've heard that Mont Tremblant in QC has a large, developed base village.

Tremblant has an incredible village - all of which is intended for pedestrians. You park your car and forget it.

Jay Peak is not as sexy, but they go deep into spring and have everything you need without getting into your car.

mriceyman

Tremblant has an incredible village - all of which is intended for pedestrians. You park your car and forget it.

Jay Peak is not as sexy, but they go deep into spring and have everything you need without getting into your car.

Just going on village/nightlife tremblant has to be close to the top of the list

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

4aprice

I first want to say hi. My name is Sean, finally back into skis after riding a snowboard for 15 years. This is my first post so I wanted to introduce myself.
After enjoying the weekend at Sugarloaf, my Fiancé mentioned she may want to book a stay at a resort for her 30th Birthday, the weekend of 3/30. I'm looking for recomendations on a place similar to Stratton (village type atmosphere, bars, restaurants, etc) Our main goal is to be able to park and not have to drive until we leave on Sunday. If anyone has any thoughts it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

We stayed at the Stratton Village this winter and had a really nice time. We stayed at the Black Bear, which I would call moderately priced. The rooms were fairly nice and they had a really nice hot tub. Parked the car and didn't have to move it for the entire weekend as they have a shuttle back and forth from the village center (not a bad walk either if you are so inclined). Ate dinner both Friday and Saturday nights up in the village area. Karma is a new "Asian Fusion" joint and the Firetower is a fairly nice restaurant. We tried to go to the ski area bar but it was packed so we hit up Mulligans for happy hour after skiing Saturday, which turned out to be a really good choice. It was a very interesting weekend.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

bigbog

...and as Sugarloaf faces northward....the snow remains pretty dry till it totally melts. It skis great till then. Air temps up on the mountain are usually a good 10deg lower than in Kingfield. It is a heck of a drive but whatever crowd there is in Jan-Feb really thins out for March and April at anytime....however medfordmike's pics of Cannon look about the same = great.

Last edited:

gladerider

based on what you described, Tremblant is prolly the best option as others mentioned above.