• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

A Day at Castlerock: 4/7/08 (Sugarbush)

thetrailboss

Staff member
Date: April 7, 2008

2006 Trip Report #: 58

Resort: Sugarbush

Conditions: SC--more corn than Orville Redenbacher's factory.

Weather: Bluebird skies with temps in the 40's. Some wind at the summits.

Trip Report: It was forecast to be an incredible day and it was. The game plan was to start at North Lynx with Sunrise and working my way across the resort:

Sunrise (not much left...only one line on skier's right):

IMG_1662.JPG

Morning Star:

IMG_16651.JPG

Birch Run:

IMG_16661.JPG

And then I made it to Castlerock and well, I got stuck and could not leave until they forced me to. I'm going to shut up and let the photos talk.

Middle Earth--Run of the Day!

IMG_16671.JPG

IMG_1668.JPG

IMG_16691.JPG

Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Rumble (worth two spins...but the shady areas were frozen crud):

IMG_16711.JPG

IMG_1672.JPG

IMG_1675.JPG

IMG_1679.JPG

Liftline--worth two spins:

IMG_1685.JPG

IMG_1684.JPG

IMG_16951.JPG

IMG_1705.JPG

Castlerock Run:

IMG_1686.JPG

I think it is pretty self explanatory...the conditions were amazingly soft bumps.

The gallery.

MonkeyBrook

Nice photos, actually surprised to see so much cover on some trails but some bare spots on others. It has been a while for me since I have been to SB...what is their closing date this year?

Greg

Staff member
A terse TTB TR? Never thought I'd see the day. ;) Those pics are fantastic. Looks awesome up there.

2knees

i hate you.

no i dont, but that was pretty hard to look at knowing i'm not there.

Greg

Staff member
Castelrock on a bluebird spring day with soft bumps? That's about as close to anything like heaven that I'm ever going to experience.

2knees

Castelrock on a bluebird spring day with soft bumps? That's about as close to anything like heaven that I'm ever going to experience.

i scored one a few years ago. it was freakin spectacular. i'll never ever forget it.

the bump lines on middle earth look incredible in those pics.

thetrailboss

Staff member
It was the best Castlerock day I have ever had. The plan was to go across the resort, and I never made it to Heaven's Gate. But word had it, and I figured that this was the case judging by how few people I saw over there, the winds kept the upper part of Heaven's Gate frozen while CR was basking in the sun. There were some stiff winds at the very top of CR.

Newpylong

drool. I was lucky enough to live up there for 4 years and have enough midweek days like that under my belt for a lifetime. Sweetttt.