• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Adult Ski Racing

NJSkiBabe

Check outrthe ASRA League (American Ski Racing Alliance) at www.skiracer.com Races are held all over the place and are done by age group categories - ages 21 and up. A great group of people to race with and apres ski with!

Last year there was also Monday night races at Tuxedo Ridge (old Sterling Forest ski area)

ZOG

The tuesday night beer league race at Sundown had almost 300 racers last year, with 200 racing each tuesday. Always looking for new racers and new teams, http://www.ciscskiing.org/ . Hook up with an exisitng team, or start a new one. One word of caution though, you can't get into the bar those nights, it's always packed.

Last season the races were run under NASTAR.

skidmarks

Big Fun!

The tuesday night beer league race at Sundown had almost 300 racers last year, with 200 racing each tuesday. Always looking for new racers and new teams, http://www.ciscskiing.org/ . Hook up with an exisitng team, or start a new one. One word of caution though, you can't get into the bar those nights, it's always packed.

Last season the races were run under NASTAR.

picture.php

CISC also races at Mt Southington on Tuesday nights. If you're into having fun I invite you to join our Club Team "Mt Tom"

gymnast46

Website
www.suburbansport.com

Deja Vu all over again.... Two seasons ago I was pacesetting the NASTAR course (someone else had set) at Okemo. I came over a rise and encountered a cranker. I didn't make the turn and wound up straddling the gate like the poor guy above. Obviously I ejected out of everything - skis, poles - and landed in a heap. My ribs were sore but I took the lift back up and worked the timing shack for another three hours before I called the ski patrol. They took me down in the sled. An X-ray showed nothing but the pain increased. Two days later I was coughing up blood and my wife took me to the emergency room at Hartford General. They admitted me with two fractured ribs and pneumonia. A week later I was home undergoing a lengthy recovery and canceling my trip to that year's Nationals. It made last year's return to Steamboat that much more sweet.

bigbog

Shawnee Peak...

Thaller1, Whaller1, Jerryg, myself and3 others race on a team on wed night at Shawnee Peak. We seem to be right in the middle of the pack points wise but have a lot of fun just the same.
Anything else, in addition to the gates, open at night there Terry/anyone-else?

tree_skier

did someone say adult racing????

loon.jpg

Tree_skier at his best.

We may still be looking for a few more racers at Pats on mondays I need to confirm with last year's racers, but I think we are looking for at least two racers
http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/data/500/loon.jpg

If I had know they wouldn't DQ me I would have skipped that gate but it was a good photo.

As for Pat's this season I am not sure what my situation will be.

wa-loaf

I do the Thursday night WA racing with Sky. Things are sketchy at home, but it's going to be my outlet for the winter. I'm a solid silver plus with a few golds here and there. I hope to hit the golds more often this year.

Sky

I do the Thursday night WA racing with Sky. Things are sketchy at home, but it's going to be my outlet for the winter. I'm a solid silver plus with a few golds here and there. I hope to hit the golds more often this year.

Maybe those new boards will push you into that solid gold category....that and your new handicap!

skidmarks

Pat's Deja Vu all over and over again

Deja Vu all over again.... Two seasons ago I was pacesetting the NASTAR course (someone else had set) at Okemo. I came over a rise and encountered a cranker. I didn't make the turn and wound up straddling the gate like the poor guy above. Obviously I ejected out of everything - skis, poles - and landed in a heap. .

With his eye on the prize!

OkemoSG-Moore1_.jpg

jimskime

We have a "locals" race series at Sugarloaf that is basically a bunch of GS races, some loose and some tight and very few speed suits. Teams are sponsored by the local bars and restaurants.