• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AllSnow Android & iPhone App

allsnow

Hey, I'm new here, and I wanted to reach out to get your feedback on our new ski/snowboard apps.

We just launched AllSnow, which is an app for Android & iPhone that allows you to get weather & ski condition information, and we'll be updating it shortly to allow you to track your day on the mountain. It would be great to get some feedback on the app, which you can download for free at <allsnow.com>. We'd love to hear any thoughts you may have, both what you love and how we can make it better. We're stoked on this app and have plans to add some more awesome, top secret features as the season goes on, and we'd love your feedback so we can make it the best app on the mountain.

Thanks in advance! We want to make your experience on the slopes even better this winter.

— Dave

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Dave,

This market is quickly getting filled with Phresheez, Rossignol's new app, AlpineReplay, etc.

What makes you guys stand out? Is it primarily for the weather functionality?

allsnow

Dave,

This market is quickly getting filled with Phresheez, Rossignol's new app, AlpineReplay, etc.

What makes you guys stand out? Is it primarily for the weather functionality?

Yeah, we definitely recognize it's a crowded market, and our app is about much more than weather. We currently have run tracking for the iPhone and it's coming soon for Android, and our app is the only one that tells you the names of lifts and runs on the mountain. We will have lots of other cool features rolling out over the course of the season, but for the moment they're still top secret!

allsnow

Your google play link is pointing to:

On the screen cap on your home page, you show mammoth mountain, and the stats say 8/13 lifts (they have 28 lifts)

Most of the things that look like they should be links on the site do not work.

Where do you get the weather forecasts from?

Very sharp eye! If you look at Mammoth in the app now you should see the accurate number of lifts showing. That screenshot was taken before the app went live.
And yes, while those do like links at the bottom of the site, they are just about what the app is, and will be soon.
As for the weather and snow reports in the app, we are confident they are as accurate as any app out there, and we are sourcing the data from a variety of different places

allsnow

Great to hear! Would love to hear some feedback after you take it for a ride

SteveInCT

All Snow,

I gave your app a quick ride, but unfortunately, find it somewhat lacking. The interface is basic, but clean. It found me and put in the resorts based on my location. Normally, I would say "great idea" except for my location is in southern New England. This app is not showing me any mountains in VT or NH but, instead, is showing me mountains in NY, NJ, and PA. The southern VT mountains are the most common place for us CT folks to go so this makes the app rather useless since I would have to "change my location" just to get the resorts I want. My second problem is with the favorites. I mean, come on. I need to be signed in to create a list of resorts on my phone?

Sorry, but for now, your app is getting uninstalled. Maybe in the future I will give it another go. Good luck to you! It is always great when guys get in the market so you all push each other to get better!

bobbutts

I'm not a fan of of you refusing to answer a simple question about where the weather was sourced from. Do you want to participate in a forum, or just free advertising?

allsnow

Snow Report/Weather sources

I'm not a fan of of you refusing to answer a simple question about where the weather was sourced from. Do you want to participate in a forum, or just free advertising?

Hi Bob,
Our data for snow and weather is provided by the mountains themselves.

Last edited:

allsnow

All Snow,

I gave your app a quick ride, but unfortunately, find it somewhat lacking. The interface is basic, but clean. It found me and put in the resorts based on my location. Normally, I would say "great idea" except for my location is in southern New England. This app is not showing me any mountains in VT or NH but, instead, is showing me mountains in NY, NJ, and PA. The southern VT mountains are the most common place for us CT folks to go so this makes the app rather useless since I would have to "change my location" just to get the resorts I want. My second problem is with the favorites. I mean, come on. I need to be signed in to create a list of resorts on my phone?

Sorry, but for now, your app is getting uninstalled. Maybe in the future I will give it another go. Good luck to you! It is always great when guys get in the market so you all push each other to get better!

Steve,

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it.

With the iPhone app one can change location by hitting the filter button from the browse screen, and on Android one can do the same by hitting the location pin at the top right of the screen.

The reason we require registration to save favorites is so we can sync those if someone switches devices, and also so we can provide notifications of new snow at favorite resorts.

SteveInCT

Steve,

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it.

With the iPhone app one can change location by hitting the filter button from the browse screen, and on Android one can do the same by hitting the location pin at the top right of the screen.

The reason we require registration to save favorites is so we can sync those if someone switches devices, and also so we can provide notifications of new snow at favorite resorts.

Spoken like a true developer/marketer. :p Now let me respond as a user: Where, exactly, should I make my location so I can see the resorts in New England? Somewhere in Massachusetts? Southern Vermont? What town would give me the data I want? How 'bout a settings page that allows me to pick the states (or regions) I want to see on the main page. As far as favorites go, I don't want alerts on my phone and it really isn't too hard to pick a those 10 or 15 favorite resorts if I switch phones. This is an area where you should offer the ability to create an account to enable the features you are talking about but it shouldn't be necessary to save a favorite. You can feel free to disagree since you are the developer but I uninstalled it because of these reasons. As mentioned above, good luck with your app!