• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski and snowboarding hills that are closing for the season

Edd

Tremblant extending the season until the 23rd for an actual week instead of a bullshit extra weekend.

skiur

We have been going to killington for april vacation week since kids started school. Awesome week: ski in the morning, family activity in the afternoon, swim after dinner. Everything is empty: pool/museums/raptors/restaurants/mountain/mini golf etc. Wife wanted to go west this year, kids vetoed it for killington.

I think you have it backwards, why would you ski in the morning when it's still frozen, do family in the morning and ski in the afternoon after it softens up!

ThatGuy

I think you have it backwards, why would you ski in the morning when it's still frozen, do family in the morning and ski in the afternoon after it softens up!
Usually by mid April the morning is corn and afternoon is slush

thebigo

K doesnt freeze last week of april and youngest is six, she doesnt last long in bumps. If it did freeze, we would certainly flip the schedule.

BenedictGomez

I hope to use the Easter break for a trip way up north across the border or out west. That's something to look forward to.
It's the best. They can still get pounded with snow in April out west, coverage & base is at or near its annual best, and the crowds are gone.

gladerider

yesterday was the last day for Windham.
thought they had enuf snow to last another week or two. oh well.

cdskier

yesterday was the last day for Windham.
thought they had enuf snow to last another week or two. oh well.
Windham is pretty much always the first one done in the Cats. Their base area typically washes out pretty quickly. Looking at their webcam right now, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see the base area nearly wiped out by the weather this week.

gladerider

Windham is pretty much always the first one done in the Cats. Their base area typically washes out pretty quickly. Looking at their webcam right now, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see the base area nearly wiped out by the weather this week.
hmm. yes their base area was starting to show.

Mainer

Skied pleasant yesterday on its last day. Base is still deep without a bare spot on man made runs. Could have gone another couple weeks no problem. The runs off the triple were glare ice and the sunny side was mash potatoes.