• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AlpineZone Summit 2.0 at Sugarloaf - March 25-27, 2011

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Black is cool and the ticket is free but.........The ticket @ Saddleback is only $35 beans and the snow is much deeper, the trees much more expansive, and there will be many cool AZ peeps out on the hill ripping it up! :roll:
WoodCore makes a good point here. Saddleback just got 7" and is 100% open. Black you won't be able to get into the trees at all, regardless of how much they just got. I really dig Black. But my free R&S Card ticket is going to go unused this year as they won't be able to get back into mid-season form this late in the game. Roark's prior comment about a sunk cost does ring true in this case as Saddleback will offer a far superior experience, with the AZ guys, for only $35.

Greg

Staff member
Anybody want to meet up Friday at the Loaf to ski? I know many of you folks have a ways to travel for the weekend festivities. I'll probably be rolling in around 9am and plan of skiing most of the day.

Brian and I will be hitting Sugarloaf on Friday. Would love a tour of the goods.

Terry

I was planning on Saddleback on friday but now not sure. Had a double leg injury yesterday at work. Right now both legs swollen and hard to walk. I'll see how it goes by friday. Was coming up with a group of friends who rip!

xwhaler

We'll be at Saddleback on Friday as well before heading over to the Loaf.
3 of us...all on skis, all with passes at the 'Back the past 2 yrs....would be happy to show anyone around!

gmcunni

any advice for first timers? will be doing the 11:00 meet up for the tour but want to get a general sense of the mountain in the AM. Looking for variety of terrain, intermediate or better.

wa-loaf

any advice for first timers? will be doing the 11:00 meet up for the tour but want to get a general sense of the mountain in the AM. Looking for variety of terrain, intermediate or better.

Last year we all met up at the base of the Superquad at 8:30 or 9 and skied as a big group for a few runs before breaking out. I'm sure details can be worked out over beer at the welcome party ... :beer:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com

They're fast. Try to keep up. ;)

Really, I was pretty freaked out last year and even I managed to ski just fine. You just need to group up with some people who are willing to take it at your pace if you're not going to be ripping it fast and hard all day, like some of these guys are prone to do. ;)

bvibert

Staff member

Find and follow someone who knows what they're doing, that's my plan.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Any more snow in the forecast between now in the weekend?

Even if what they got is all tracked out, I'm still super excited to ski Brackett. I'm hoping they re-open the Snowfields for the weekend. Looks like only the front side stuff is open.

wa-loaf

I think there are snow showers forecast on and off through Friday. Don't think we'll be skiing any powder, but it should keep things fresh.

Greg

Staff member
Any more snow in the forecast between now in the weekend?

Even if what they got is all tracked out, I'm still super excited to ski Brackett. I'm hoping they re-open the Snowfields for the weekend. Looks like only the front side stuff is open.

Definitely psyched that it's going to be million times better than last year, and we should be able to hit plenty of woods. Bump run might be skied off, but I can't imagine that there's so much traffic up there this week that the woods won't hold up. I think my plan is to hang in the trees most of the weekend. Gotta get familiar with the trial map. Still hope for a few more inches of snow. If we could only push this storm up there, we'd be golden.

wa-loaf

I know its just the weather channel but ...
SLW.jpg

tipsdown

Skiied Saddleback on a powder day yesterday...I urge anyone who's on the fence for Friday to go...Conditions are phenonmenal and there's more snow coming between now and Friday...They have better coverage in the trees than their neighbor.

Last edited: