• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AlpineZone Summit 2.0 at Sugarloaf - March 25-27, 2011

WoodCore

Just because I like history..............Here's a picture from the early days at Sugarloaf.

Sugarloaf_Early.JPG

darent

I'm planning on skiing sugarloaf friday, too far to drive just for saturday& sunday, staying in farmington thursday night and driving to the loaf early friday morning

TeleGrrrl

Solon, Maine. Avatar: Mule Skinner, Saddleback, ME
Thursday afternoon/evening so we'll be at the mountain Friday morning. Possible hungover. :)

Please be hungover, it's the only way my old decrepit body can keep up with you!

I have a camp about 40 minutes away. I usually catch the NOAA weather in the morning then decide what time to head over. It's been rather icy lately, with the exception of the 5" of snow the other day. I'm sure by now it's been skied off and the ice has returned :-(

Why don't we say 10AM at Whiffletree Quad? I have an obnoxious peacock blue coat, blue helmet, black pants and either green Atomic or maroon Volkl tele skis.

Last edited:

gmcunni

anyone have an opinion on the Sugarloaf ski school? i see the offer adult group clinics, this one caught my eye -

Black clinics are for advanced skiers and riders. These clinics are designed to help you fine-tune your technique and tactics on all of Sugarloaf's famed terrain

90 minute (lift ticket required) $35

i'm wondering how much of this is bump oriented, i could use some pointers. I'm wondering how crowded these get? i've done advanced group lessons before elsewhere and ended up as the only student.

xwhaler

When I called to book for this wknd, they mentioned over the phone that our package includes a 90 min Perfect Turn Lesson for each person. Unsure if any of you were planning to use this or if you could find an instructor to take u through the bumps on skidder but may be worth asking about.

gmcunni

When I called to book for this wknd, they mentioned over the phone that our package includes a 90 min Perfect Turn Lesson for each person. Unsure if any of you were planning to use this or if you could find an instructor to take u through the bumps on skidder but may be worth asking about.

really? i don't recall reading that and they didn't mention it on the phone. I'll ask when i check in though. that could be awesome!!

xwhaler

I'm nearly certain that woman Lisa mentioned it to me when I booked.
She said that vouchers for the lesson should be included in the package upon check-in.

o3jeff

Paul and I did the Perfect Turn thing last year, not really a lesson other than a guy gives you some pointers and some compliments.

gmcunni

Paul and I did the Perfect Turn thing last year, not really a lesson other than a guy gives you some pointers and some compliments.

was it a waste of time? did you at least get to cut the lift lines? (if there were any)

o3jeff

was it a waste of time? did you at least get to cut the lift lines? (if there were any)

Had to wait in line like everyone else. There probably were 10-15 of us so there wasn't a lot you could do in the hour or so.

You'd probably be better taking a private lesson at Okemo.

wa-loaf

Seems like Greg and Brian are already there. Snow looks good from the fb pics ...