• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AlpineZone Summit 2.0 at Sugarloaf - March 25-27, 2011

Skimaine

Stoking the Stoke. Backside opened today. Locals reporting unexpected 4 inches of Powder today. :-D

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
188426_1891507576342_1501085519_2036907_2906562_n.jpg

That's significantly less shiney than it was last year. I'm jealous.

Skimaine

On way!

Any plans for pre-summit beverage check on Thursday? Rack? Inn? Bag? :grin:

bvibert

Staff member
Please be hungover, it's the only way my old decrepit body can keep up with you!

I have a camp about 40 minutes away. I usually catch the NOAA weather in the morning then decide what time to head over. It's been rather icy lately, with the exception of the 5" of snow the other day. I'm sure by now it's been skied off and the ice has returned :-(

Why don't we say 10AM at Whiffletree Quad? I have an obnoxious peacock blue coat, blue helmet, black pants and either green Atomic or maroon Volkl tele skis.

Any chance we can make that 10am at the top of king pine instead?

I'll look like the guy in my avatar; orange pants, black or black/grey jacket, white helmet, and brownish Fischer Watea skis.

Greg

Staff member
Its one million times better than last year.

One BILLION times better. The little bit of trees we skied today which are hardly off the beaten path were fantastic!

TeleGrrrl

Solon, Maine. Avatar: Mule Skinner, Saddleback, ME
I'm at my cottage now. I'll head over to KPB probably 10-10:30ish. I'll just look for your orange pants, can't see how I could miss those! I have a builder stopping by in the morning to look at my roof. My schedule is contingent upon his. My usual pattern is KPB, Brackett Basin if the snow looks good,. I like the first glade. Then runs down Haulback, Widowmaker and Ramdown.

Bag lunch in KP room

Then run from the top or snowfields. Head to SuperQuad to finish out day if no crowds, otherwise back to KPB or Spillway.

Happy Hour at the Bag starts at 3pm.

skimom

Not to jinx's things but the weather for the AZ Summit is starting to look up! Accuweather is saying 3"-6" on Tuesday followed by below freezing temps through the weekend with the chance for more snow Friday, Saturday and Sunday!!! Goodbye suntan.......hello Bracket Basin!!

Either way getting pumped for next weekend! :fangun::fangun:

Updated roll call.......

Greg
Woodcore (+3)
bvibert
wa-loaf (+1)
Roark
WJenness
reefer
double eject
powderhound
jrskibum
deadheadskier
bigbog
rocoJerry
xwhaler (+6)
Skimaine (+1)
ski45 (+1)
darent
gmcunni (+1 - jake)
Redliner (+3)

Are we missing anyone???

You're missing us.
skimom(+4)
Anyone else bringing kids??

bvibert

Staff member
I'm at my cottage now. I'll head over to KPB probably 10-10:30ish. I'll just look for your orange pants, can't see how I could miss those! I have a builder stopping by in the morning to look at my roof. My schedule is contingent upon his. My usual pattern is KPB, Brackett Basin if the snow looks good,. I like the first glade. Then runs down Haulback, Widowmaker and Ramdown.

Bag lunch in KP room

Then run from the top or snowfields. Head to SuperQuad to finish out day if no crowds, otherwise back to KPB or Spillway.

Happy Hour at the Bag starts at 3pm.

Sorry we missed you. We ended up getting pretty lost in bracket basin and had to do a bit of hiking to get back out. By the time we made it back to king pine it was after 11...

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
That's significantly less shiney than it was last year. I'm jealous.

Man I yard saled it twice on that second kicker. The first run of the day on Saturday.

Later in the afternoon I did it again, only that time the brake on my ski failed and the ski went flying off the trail under the superquad line. Luckily it stopped on some shrubs before diving down the river. :-o