• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Any Bean Counters here?

drjeff

Only $10. That is a deal now a days.

And seriously given how tasty their turkey chili is, it's actually a bargain in my mind.

A bowl of their turkey chili and a slice of their German chocolate cake, is my go to lunch whenever I ski at DV

thetrailboss

Staff member
It went up 50 bucks since last season! That place is worth the coin though!
Pre-Alterra I would say yes. Now with Alterra, 2 out of 3 seasons IMHO have been lackluster at best. They do restrict DAY ticket sales, but not IKON passes. End result, it feels more crowded. Parking is an issue (it never was before). Not the same vibe and a lot of employees have left. And the snow was not as good. My one day this season there (last week) was not bad--decent grooming and snow and not too crowded--but the first two years were not the "same" DV experience we had come to love.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Profit center contribution will vary notably from resort to resort and region to region. But for a very rough approximation of revenue contribution at a US ski resort, based loosely on NSAA data:

45% Mountain Access (lift tix, passes, etc.)
15% F&B
10% Ski School
10% Lodging
7% Retail
5% Rental
8% Misc./Other
And, adjusted for this season a resort will lose most of the F&B, ski school, lodging, and retail revenue. In other words, 42% of that revenue will be a lot lower.

sull1102

Worked as an auditor for Mount Snow for a brief period of time, can confirm the 42% is very accurate. I know with us it was almost all based around the Grand Summit and whatever revenue that was bringing in through the rooms/bar/conventions/weddings/Mount Snow Sports. I can only imagine how much Snow lost this summer with none of the conventions that happen for 8 straight weeks every summer.

ERJ-145CA

And want to ski at Deer Valley tomorrow? Non-holiday? Only $229 for an adult titicket.
I guess the $209 I paid yesterday was a bargain then. I feel better. It was a beautiful day yesterday though so it was worth it.

It was pretty much ski onto the lift yesterday too.

Attachments

• 20210225_123525.jpg
    20210225_123525.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 10

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
We're on pace to be flat y-o-y with ski school revenue...could come out ahead possibly if the season finishes stronger than last year, which had an early close (March 8th and I remember it because it was the last "normal" weekend before the world shit the bed). I hear rumors that profit is up but I have no way of knowing that for sure.

Don't even take my comment with a grain of salt...Thunder Ridge is more of an amusement park than a ski area and I don't think there could be a resort more dis-analogous to the rest of the industry.