• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Any turkey hunters???

campgottagopee

May 1st is only days away and the thought of watching/listening to the woods "wake up" has me real excited. On Sunday I made sure all my "junk" was ready to go---dang my 10 guage seems to be getting heavier and heavier, but the Quaker Boy twin diaphram was sounding sa-weet.

Only bad thing about turkey season is when I leave my house at 4:30 AM without my dogs, man-o-man do they get pissed!!!

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I've got some redneck cousins who live in Ketuncky proper (as opposed to Pennsultucky) who own a Turkey Call business. They're doing pretty well with it. I'll have to find the link later.

campgottagopee

I've got some redneck cousins who live in Ketuncky proper (as opposed to Pennsultucky) who own a Turkey Call business. They're doing pretty well with it. I'll have to find the link later.

No friggin sheet--that's cool---I love rednecks.

wa-loaf

My Brother-in-law is an all-around hunter. Mostly duck because he lives on the water. I had some Elk Steaks he gave me recently and they were awesome. He's also been on the cover of the Cabella's catalog. It's the pic of the him, his son and their black lab if you get the catalog.

campgottagopee

My Brother-in-law is an all-around hunter. Mostly duck because he lives on the water. I had some Elk Steaks he gave me recently and they were awesome. He's also been on the cover of the Cabella's catalog. It's the pic of the him, his son and their black lab if you get the catalog.

Cool

Yup (spit). Only met them a few times. We heading out there for a wedding this summer. Should be fun.

Oh boy, howdy.

drjeff

Feel free to come to my house. You can just sit in my ski chair on the patio, enjoy the AM sunrise, fire away at the flock of about 10 gobblers that are perched on the stone wall at the back of my property most mornings, and then the Orion is already set up on the patio, and I still have some "left over" beers in the cooler on my patio from the office party I had last weekend :)

Feel free to come to my house. You can just sit in my ski chair on the patio, enjoy the AM sunrise, fire away at the flock of about 10 gobblers that are perched on the stone wall at the back of my property most mornings, and then the Orion is already set up on the patio, and I still have some "left over" beers in the cooler on my patio from the office party I had last weekend :)

sounds better than going to the grocery store..

campgottagopee

How true....when I first started hunting turkeys you were lucky to even hear one let alone see one. Now the darn things are all over like friggin geese

mlctvt

This thread reminds me of by neighbor at Duck season. We went duck hunting and got skunked , we didn't see a duck all morning. We get home pull into his driveway and we hear a few mallards in the stream behind his house. WTF I say. I go home across the street and a few minutes later I hear 3 shots go off very LOUD in the neighborhood. So I walk on over and here's my neighbor walking accross his back yard with a couple of ducks in his hands. "skunked no more he says". "Yeh, but how do explain that one to your wife and kids?" I say . "Hey, maybe we should build a blind in your back yard?". :smile:

campgottagopee

This thread reminds me of by neighbor at Duck season. We went duck hunting and got skunked , we didn't see a duck all morning. We get home pull into his driveway and we hear a few mallards in the stream behind his house. WTF I say. I go home across the street and a few minutes later I hear 3 shots go off very LOUD in the neighborhood. So I walk on over and here's my neighbor walking accross his back yard with a couple of ducks in his hands. "skunked no more he says". "Yeh, but how do explain that one to your wife and kids?" I say . "Hey, maybe we should build a blind in your back yard?". :smile:

That's great, and sooooo true. While having my mornig cup of joe I could hear this big ol tom just a talkin' away about 500 yrds from the house, think he'll be there tomorrow??? I'm thinkin' no!!!!

ctenidae

http://stuttgartarkansas.org/index.php?fuseaction=p0010.&mod=33

What I grew up with.

campgottagopee

Day 1---nuttin but windy, windy, windy---did have 2 jakes trying to "make it" w/ my decoy, that was funny to watch

Day 2----19.3lbs, 11 inch beard, 1 1/4 spurrs :beer:

Can you say BBQ