• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Anyone ever dislocate a shoulder?

Warp Daddy

Yep i dislocated my shoulder playing football in college years ago - doc basically popped it back in in the ER then i was in a sling for 6 weeks other than that no problem .

Riverskier

Yep i dislocated my shoulder playing football in college years ago - doc basically popped it back in in the ER then i was in a sling for 6 weeks other than that no problem .

Thanks for the reply. Same here, it was popped back in by the doc at the ER. I have since seen my primary care physician and he doesn't suspect I damaged any muscles or ligaments. Some rest and a few PT sessions and I should be good to go in a month or two. At least it was the end of the season!

RichH

I dislocated my right shoulder going off a drop kayaking years ago. It poped back in when I rolled back up. A bit of PT and training and it felt back to full strength a couple of months later.

Unfortunately I dislocated it about a year later rock climbing and it took a lot longer to heal. I realized that if I dislocated it for a third time, I'd be in for no end of trouble so I had to train very carefully and not do anything crazy for a few years. 10 years on and I am still fine.

Good luck recovering.