• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Attitash - Peaks Customer Service

Jully

A pregnancy is something that is usually planned. A "medical condition" isn't. IMO, of course...

Either way, peaks is offering her a concession (a pass for next season), so I I believe they are being fair and reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Well in this case it wasn't actually expected at all making it much closer to a medical condition.

I don't think Peaks needs to offer a refund necessarily, but I believe they set a slightly misguiding description on the website without any clear option for followup.

For the sake of building customer loyalty, I don't get why they don't offer a refund and think they should.

cdskier

A pregnancy is something that is usually planned. A "medical condition" isn't. IMO, of course...

A pregnancy alone doesn't automatically disqualify someone from skiing (as evidenced by people in this thread providing examples of their wife skiing a bit while pregnant). In this particular case it does per doctor's orders. That part makes it a medical condition.

Savemeasammy

A pregnancy alone doesn't automatically disqualify someone from skiing (as evidenced by people in this thread providing examples of their wife skiing a bit while pregnant). In this particular case it does per doctor's orders. That part makes it a medical condition.

...except that if she hadn't become pregnant - which the op states they were actively trying to do - the medical condition would be a non-issue. I just don't think it is fair to attempt to get pregnant with the expectation being that the mountain should refund your money if you are successful, particularly if you have a reasonable expectation that you will not be able to ski.... They should have waited until the season was closer. Obviously they would not have bought the pass today had they known.

Los

...except that if she hadn't become pregnant - which the op states they were actively trying to do - the medical condition would be a non-issue. I just don't think it is fair to attempt to get pregnant with the expectation being that the mountain should refund your money if you are successful, particularly if you have a reasonable expectation that you will not be able to ski.... They should have waited until the season was closer. Obviously they would not have bought the pass today had they known.

That was the other thing that struck me - it would never occur to me that a pregnancy in and of itself is a "medical condition". But I didn't mention it in my other post because it seems like a touchy question somehow... i.e. no matter how you answer someone is going to be offended... But I'm probably over (or under) thinking it...

xwhaler

Take the credit for next season. Once you do you will be much more motivated to get out there and have your child on snow.
Worst thing you can do is give up the sport for a yr (or more!)

Good Luck with everything.

thebigo

Happy to report that Attitash got back to me first thing this morning, they have agreed to transfer the pass to snoseek. There are many misconceptions in this thread related to both infertility and high risk pregnancy, I doubt however that it is possible to fully understand unless you have spent a decade struggling with these issues. Just glad everyone is healthy, Attitash did the right thing and we can move on.

Jully

Happy to report that Attitash got back to me first thing this morning, they have agreed to transfer the pass to snoseek. There are many misconceptions in this thread related to both infertility and high risk pregnancy, I doubt however that it is possible to fully understand unless you have spent a decade struggling with these issues. Just glad everyone is healthy, Attitash did the right thing and we can move on.

That's great to hear! In my limited customer service experience, they have been very reasonable. If your first option doesn't work out, try and work with them to get another to work. That seems to be exactly what happened here!

dlague

Fantastic - best wishes for you and your family!

snoseek

Oh hell yes! And they just gained a customer!

JimG.

Staff member

This is called negotiation, also known as compromise.

My congratulations to both you and Peaks for both displaying these wonderful skills and creating a win-win!

Rare nowadays.

Savemeasammy

Good deal, bigo (and snowseek). It's a win for you both.

cdskier

That's great news. Happy to hear of a solution that ultimately gets thebigo his money back and also helps out a fellow AZer in the process!

prsboogie

Best of luck to you and Mrs O, pregnancy is scary enough without having to worry about know complications (or the likely hood of them) and it's great news about the transfer. snoseek great deal for you as well. Gotta get out on those Dozers now😉