• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AZ Summit 6.0 changes?

reefer

It is $200 more per person this year?

For the two nights $57.00 per person more than last year (so $114.00 more for two of us) at tier one pricing. Evidently that went quick so it is now $75.00 per person more than last year for tier 2, ($150.00 for two). This is still a pretty good deal for ski out.
My situation gets worse however. To me, the drive only became worth it if I skied Friday also. They would have given us Thursday night for the same rate, $199.00 for two of us. Big catch - no lift tickets to ski Friday. What? Yep $50.00 extra each for the tickets. What? $300.00 for two for Thursday night if I want to ski Friday?
Decided to bag it at that point. I guess we'll have to suck it up and just go to Stowe again and ski Stowe, Jay, and Smuggs or Bush.

Tin

That's what we will do. We were going to ski Friday and even Thursday at Saddleback and use the Saddleback lodging because of how cheap it is. The bail point for me was $450 for two days and no guarantees with weather or staying near Mad River for 4-5 nights and ski a lot more.

No disrespect to Nick and the mods who work hard on this because I can only imagine it is a ton of work, but after calling it honestly felt like a "foot in the door" technique on Sugarloaf's end.

xwhaler

First Tracks is awesome...I've done it every Summit I've been to (3). One of the side perks of 1st Tracks is after hitting the SQ 4-5 runs you can position yourself up at Skyline or King Pine and get a few 1st tracks or quiet runs there while the masses make their way over to these lifts.
Sugarloaf is steep groomer paradise and as others have mentioned its great to let em rip on fresh cord first thing in the AM.

xwhaler

I don;t think it's as much of the Tier 1 vs Tier 2 pricing as it is that Sugarloaf has gotten much stricter about how they define max occupancy.
Last yr my wife and I stayed in the Sugartree 2 studio condo for the lowest per person rate and they called the studio max occupancy 2.
It had a murphy bed as well as a queen in a little alcove room with french doors that made it feel more like a 1 bedroom. It was real nice and when I called I asked for that again. It also had a pull out couch as I recall.
Was told that condo is now considered a "premier studio" and not part of the package deal unless I wanted to pay for max occupancy of 6 people. 2 on murphy bed, 2 on couch, 2 on queen.

I then had hoped to get the lowest $142/pp in Sugartree 1 which is a smaller studio. Again, no dice as this one has a murphy for 2 and a set of bunk beds for an additional 2. So we are paying a differential
So instead of $142/pp+tax for 2 of us we're in for $199/pp + tax as I think ME lodging tax is 7%. So basically same cost as the Inn per person and my wife will appreciate the condo with kitchen facilities and being connected to sports club.

To me still an awesome deal, am grateful that Nick and the mods do a great job organizing everything as it really is a great wknd.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Guys i have been offline quite a bit this week as I have a major project due at work in the next 7 days that is eating up my time.

Last year:

Condo: $138, Inn $175, Hotel: $255

This year:
Condo $142, Inn $199, Hotel $294

So the absolute most it should be for 2 is if you are staying in the Hotel then you are paying about $80 more this year than last year.

This is based on full occupancy and always has. If you guys got rooms last year at that rate without full occupancy (which I think is defined as # of bedrooms *2 + 2 for living room, so a 1BR is 4 people, 2BR is 6 people, etc.) then you guys got lucky, as it's always been based on full occupancy.

Last year they sold out a few weeks ahead of the summit, I'm surprised if they are already all sold out. I will reach out to Sugarloaf today to check in on status. They did to tiering this year for pricing because of prime season and I haven't even posted the press release or advertised this outside of AlpineZone yet because I wanted ot make sure everyone who is a regular here on the site got first dibs.

will post back later.

reefer

First Tracks is awesome...I've done it every Summit I've been to (3). One of the side perks of 1st Tracks is after hitting the SQ 4-5 runs you can position yourself up at Skyline or King Pine and get a few 1st tracks or quiet runs there while the masses make their way over to these lifts.
Sugarloaf is steep groomer paradise and as others have mentioned its great to let em rip on fresh cord first thing in the AM.

Agree. First tracks is great but I will ski at least (10-15) midweek days,...................like having first tracks all day. So that part is a little further down on my list.

reefer

Guys i have been offline quite a bit this week as I have a major project due at work in the next 7 days that is eating up my time.

Last year:

This year:

So the absolute most it should be for 2 is if you are staying in the Hotel then you are paying about $80 more this year than last year.

This is based on full occupancy and always has. If you guys got rooms last year at that rate without full occupancy (which I think is defined as # of bedrooms *2 + 2 for living room, so a 1BR is 4 people, 2BR is 6 people, etc.) then you guys got lucky, as it's always been based on full occupancy.

Last year they sold out a few weeks ahead of the summit, I'm surprised if they are already all sold out. I will reach out to Sugarloaf today to check in on status. They did to tiering this year for pricing because of prime season and I haven't even posted the press release or advertised this outside of AlpineZone yet because I wanted ot make sure everyone who is a regular here on the site got first dibs.

will post back later.

Inquire why lift tickets aren't included with Thursday night stay. They wanted $50.00 for lift ticket. That's what really turned me off. $300.00 for ski and stay Thursday night seems a lot steep.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Perhaps you could devise a way to make the "first tracks" thing available to actual forum users? I think it's fine that the trip itself is available to anyone, but it would be nice if perks like this were available to people who actually participate on the board (and not just 5 lame posts to meet a quota)...

It's tricky because how do we define actual forum users. What is your criteria? There are people who actually only post 5, 10 times a year, and I consider them forum members also. Yes, there are people who come in and dump in 5 random posts to get in on the deal, but that's hard to break out. I'm open to suggestions, and I try as much as possible to always skew things to the active members of the site.

Tin

Last year:

This year:

will post back later.

I specifically asked if the condo was meant for more than two and was told no. If it was $142 per person I would jump on it. I specifically asked about that rate and was told it was unavailable. The $220 figure I was given just doesn't add up unless the condo was meant for 3. Someone there has the wrong info. Not trying to be a pain in the ass just stating my experience from my phone call.

Puck it

I specifically asked if the condo was meant for more than two and was told no. If it was $142 per person I would jump on it. I specifically asked about that rate and was told it was unavailable. The $220 figure I was given just doesn't add up unless the condo was meant for 3. Someone there has the wrong info. Not trying to be a pain in the ass just stating my experience from my phone call.
I was qutoed $233 for the same condo last year that I paid $138 for. Max occupancy is not good when it is a bunch of guys. Two beds and four guys. Sounds like that should done at Sunday River for the Winter Whiteout Weekend.

Tin

There was a reason you were there the night prior.

In that case you should have paid (142×4) $568 not $466 for two. I'm just not following. Where are the numbers coming from? Lol

Last edited:

ScottySkis

New post rule for free give way s please post that only here for not Facebook but fb bringing people here I guess. Locked thread for members that have one year and average at least
12 post s in a year

Puck it

There was a reason you were there the night prior.

In that case you should have paid (142×4) $568 not $466 for two. I'm just not following. Where are the numbers coming from? Lol

Last year - we paid $138 per person for the studio with the alcove bedroom

This year - $233 per person in the condo with the murphy pull down and sleeper sofa.

xwhaler

Last year - we paid $138 per person for the studio with the alcove bedroom

This year - $233 per person in the condo with the murphy pull down and sleeper sofa.
We are in the same setup as you this yr and were last yr. I was also told the Sugartree 1 for this yr also had built in bunk beds which add 2 addl bodies to the max occupancy equation.
We are paying $426 all in after taxes for the 2 of us.

xwhaler

Does seem odd...let's boycott the whole thing! j/k
Guys, its still a great deal...~$100/night ski and stay prime mid winter at one of the premier mtns in the East is great. Add in all the extra perks and its hard to complain.