• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Beer Suggestions

drjeff

If you can still find it on the shelves (I bought the last of the season 6 pack of it at my local packie yesterday), I've really liked Magic Hat's special summer offering this year, Elder Betty

MHT_ElderBetty_ConsumerPSTR1.jpg

A good classic tasting wheat beer with a nice semi crisp, semi sweet balance of blueberries and blackberries. Works great on my palate!

Also in the German Radler style, Sam Adams special summer release, Porch Rocker

Samuel-Adams-Porch-Rocker-570x453.jpg

A german style weisse beer mixed with some lemonade. Light and refreshing (if you like lemon tasting beverages)

Lastly, my goto classic summer beer, a full on traditional German Weisse Beer, Ayinger Brau Weisse

2731486335_f0d35636b5.jpg

There's a reason why Beer Advocate has year in and year our rated this one of the best German Weisse Style beers in the world. Just a really good balance of crisp hops with a proper slightly spiced finish. Great just as is or if you want to put a wedge of lemon or orange in it too!

Riverskier

Not a huge fan of Summer ales, but Geary's Summer Ale is by far my favorite. Not a Summer ale, but Baxter Stowaway IPA has quickly become my favorite IPA. They make a great pale ale too, and can their beer exclusively, so great for the beach. Geary's and Baxter are both Maine brewerys though, and I have no idea how available they are outside of Maine. If you like fruit in your beer, take the advice of others, as I have no tolerance for that.

HD333

Elder Betty = good stuff. Maybe i'll grab some for second half of the week if i can find some. Rainy today so heading to Portsmouth maybe hit up Smuttynose for lunch and grab some brews. Maybe we will cross into Maine and look for some Baxter products.
Had a lot of the Brooklyn Summer this year, good but a little heavier for a summer beer.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Linenkugel Summer Shanty is a good beach beer. Long Trail Blackberry Wheat also. Both available in cans now.

bobbutts

I like seeing more cans of good beer. Stopped by State Line Convenient Mart on 13 recently in Brookline NH and found the best selection of beer that I have seen (and at good prices). Grabbed a 12 of Long Trail Cans and 4packs of G'Knight Imperial Red and Six Point Sweet Action (both worth drinking). I guess none of this really qualifies as a true summer beer. To me it's just beer I drink in the summer.

Sky

Leinenkuglel's (sp?) Summer Shandy is pretty good....per above's recommendation. I sort of prefer the Shocktop Lemon Shandy. The lemon is less sweet...more lemon-oil flavor (but in a good way). Tried the Orange...meh. Tried the IPA...aw yeah.

dmc

Drank some of this last weekend... Good stuff!
IMG_4910.jpg

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Leinenkuglel's (sp?) Summer Shandy is pretty good....per above's recommendation. I sort of prefer the Shocktop Lemon Shandy. The lemon is less sweet...more lemon-oil flavor (but in a good way). Tried the Orange...meh. Tried the IPA...aw yeah.
If you can still find it, try Saranac Summer Ale.