• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Belleayre: All About the Vibe by James Michaud

catskills

Awesome unbiased and informative read by James Michaud on First Tracks Online.

Belleayre: All About the Vibe

If you have seen this guy I am sure he put a smile on your face. His smile and wave he shares with everyone is extremely contagious. Many ski areas have a liftie like this. Its nice to know sometimes its not about money. Sometimes its about being nice to one another. Its just one of the many reasons we all love this sport so much.

belleayre03_tomahawkmidstation_photoJamesMichaud.jpg

playoutside

Love this guy! Sunday his music selection was great for the gorgeous day...some Glenn Miller, Streisand, showtunes, a bit of everything. You can't help but smile. This man must be twice my age, but his joy for life may help him outlive us all!

ts01

Look forward to reading your firsttracks article over the weekend.

Much affection here for Belleayre - around 5 or 6 times this season.

Like the musical liftie of course but sometimes the show tunes and opera are too much. One day though he was doing some Miles Davis-ish sounding jazz - MUCH cooler soundtrack.

catskills

Look forward to reading your firsttracks article over the weekend.
For the record this First Tracks Online article is NOT my article. That said, I have had the pleasure to ski with the author. James is a damn good skier and writer.

ts01

Oops, I knew it was James' article - didn't focus on who posted the link.

Agreed, I've enjoyed his writing and find it very reliable when it comes time to plan a ski trip.