• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Best option for Friday, Jan15

Bene288

I never ski this weekend, but I am going through withdrawal and have Friday off. Is this usually a busy day with the MLK holiday and all? Looking for optimum conditions with minimal crowds. Coming from Boston. Thanks!

KustyTheKlown

Won't be super busy til Saturday. I'd be going to the loaf or Sunday River if I were coming from Boston. Sugarbush and Stowe reporting pretty expansive terrain too

chuckstah

I am debating Between Sunday River, Sugarloaf or Mad River for Friday. I wouldn't think anywhere would be too crowded Friday. Opening day for the single at MRG should be great.

Bene288

Have no problem going to Maine. Also heard Sugarbush is skiing well right now. Never been that way.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
I am debating Between Sunday River, Sugarloaf or Mad River for Friday. I wouldn't think anywhere would be too crowded Friday. Opening day for the single at MRG should be great.

Not recommended. Give them another foot or so.

Sugarloaf has the most snow and the most terrain. Without a doubt it's where I'd be if I had your options.

chuckstah

Not recommended. Give them another foot or so.

Sugarloaf has the most snow and the most terrain. Without a doubt it's where I'd be if I had your options.

That's what I'm leaning toward. Have pass and no Loaf days on it yet. Only one MRG voucher , which should be saved for deeper days.

JAM614

Cheap option on the way to Sugarloaf;
Black Mountain of Maine on Friday 9am-9pm for only $15. 8" of fresh waiting to be skied since the mountain is closed Monday-Thur.

xwhaler

Cheap option on the way to Sugarloaf;
Black Mountain of Maine on Friday 9am-9pm for only $15. 8" of fresh waiting to be skied since the mountain is closed Monday-Thur.
+1 I'd skip SL entirely and just spend time in the awesome glades at BMOM myself if I were headed to ME this wknd.

WWF-VT

I never ski this weekend, but I am going through withdrawal and have Friday off. Is this usually a busy day with the MLK holiday and all? Looking for optimum conditions with minimal crowds. Coming from Boston. Thanks!

Are you driving round trip in a day or staying overnight ? You will easily spend 2+ less hours driving roundtrip to Sugarbush vs Sugarloaf. From the Boston area, Sugarbush is almost all highway driving except the last ~20 miles if you take Exit 9 off of RT 89 in VT.

Bene288

Are you driving round trip in a day or staying overnight ? You will easily spend 2+ less hours driving roundtrip to Sugarbush vs Sugarloaf. From the Boston area, Sugarbush is almost all highway driving except the last ~20 miles if you take Exit 9 off of RT 89 in VT.

Round trip I think. If I'm beat tired I don't mind getting a room. But wouldn't know till I'm done skiing. I know the loaf a little bit. Have never skied sugarbush.