• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Best terrain parks near philly

BeefyBoy50

I went skiing on Sunday with my friend at Blue Mountain. The trails were great and the snow blowing has really been working to keep the mountain open. We are thinking about going skiing again a monday in early March. We both live in Philly and want to drive maybe 2 hours max to go skiing and are looking mainly at ski areas with good terrain parks. What ski areas would you recommend within 2 hours or so based on terrain parks?
We are currently looking at:
Bear Creek (little small but interesting terrain)
Blue Mountain (all the trails follow the same fall line so the mountain gets boring quickly, but the runs are long and the terrain park is fairly well designed)
Jack Frost- smaller than blue, i've never skiied there so I don't know what it's like
Big Boulder- I've heard good things about the terrain park but i've never skiied here either
Elk Mountain- Best ski area in PA in my opinion, lots of trail variety
Camelback- Pretty large ski area although i don't know about the park
Mountain Creek NJ- I've never skiied here but based on the trail map it looks like the best

I'd like to know what you guys think about crowds, especially based on the places I haven't skiied. Hopefully the fact that we will be skiing on a monday that most people are at work will keep the crowds away.

ScottySkis

I haven't seen much of a terrain park at Elk the few times I have been their this year. But very little crowds compared to the rest of near by hills.
Elk is a much better variety then Mountain Creek. But MC has lots of snowboarding stuff, a whole peak if terrain parks at MC.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Mountain Creek is a horrible experience, but on a Monday it might not be so bad. I can't stand the lifts there, but the area of the park has a HSQ at least. Camelback trails are very very short, I know nothing about their park.

Blue pretty much has the best park in the area, and the longest runs. You might want to ask your question on www.paskiandride.com You'll get a more local response.

ScottySkis

I put it like this. I buying a season pass for Elk next year which is 90 miles from where I live. MC is about 30miles for me and I have gone their once this season.