• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Black Mtn NH Beta

xwhaler

Anyone been up there this week? Have noticed the snow report all week only showing the triple running. Double to summit has shown closed.
Thinking of a long day trip on Sunday to use a voucher but will stay more local (Whaleback?) if the double is not spinning.
Maybe just a slow midweek thing or is something wrong with the old double?

xwhaler

Got my answer....they don't run the double midweek due to low crowds but it is all systems go this coming wknd.

xwhaler

It's nice...1100' of vert so not huge but a nice throwback hill. Slow lifts but you can park right near the hill and never wait in a line.
When glades are open (not this wknd) there is some real challenge in those woods. It reminds me of a smaller version of Magic in some ways.
Classic New England skiing...trails were never widened to support the masses which I like.
Place has a lot of charm and for me, a good place to avoid lines on a busy MLK wknd.

Last edited:

dlague

It's nice...1100' of vert so not huge but a nice throwback hill. Slow lifts but you can park right near the hill and never wait in a line.
When glades are open (not this wknd) there is some real challenge in those woods. It reminds me of a smaller version of Magic in some ways.
Classic New England skiing...trails were never widened to support the masses which I like.
Place has a lot of charm and for me, a good place to avoid lines on a busy MLK wknd.

I like to ski there when there is snow. While not too big - it does have an interesting network of trails.