• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Blue Mountain, PA, Sold

Dickc

My Mom told me one of her earliest memories is having to turn the lights off every night in NYC during WWII (or perhaps the neighborhood power was cut each night, I cant recall). As a WWII buff, this still strikes me as odd because Germany had neither long-range bombers, nor aircraft carriers. Perhaps every generation of kids needs to be irrationally terrorized by something.
The blackouts were a coastal thing as U-Boats were just off shore and city lights would silhouette the shipping at night making them easy prey.

asnowmobiler

And I know that the summit hotel would be good for business but I hope they can do so in a way that is minimally disruptive to the Appalachian trail and vista
I heard talk of it being built at the base area instead of the summit. They have a ton of property east of what I like to call "Tent City"