• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Boston College Eagles Ski Team - competing in EISA

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Link: http://bceagles.cstv.com/sports/m-ski/spec-rel/092011aab.html

Skiing Moves to Elite Conference
The Eagles will compete in the EISA

The Eagles will face good competition in 2012.

Sept. 20, 2011

Chestnut Hill, Mass. - Boston College was accepted in the Eastern Intercollegiate Ski Association (EISA) on Monday. Current members of the conference include Bates, Bowdoin, Dartmouth, Harvard, New Hampshire and Vermont, among others.

“This is a fantastic move for our program,” Head coach Scott MacPherson said. “Moving to the EISA provides both the stability and elite completion we seek for our athletes. It is truly an honor to be able to compete within these ranks.”

With 11 new athletes, including two transfers, the Eagles have reloaded for the 2011-12 season after losing significant numbers to graduation.

“There is no doubt we have a steep hill to climb,” MacPherson said. “That being said, this team is going to surprise some people this year. The hard work and dedication of the athletes have made this move possible.”

The Eagles look forward to kicking off their season at the Bates Carnival in January 2012.

My brother in law studied a bit at BC for his PHD. Too bad he's not a skier :lol:

I wish I had a ski team in college!

Black Phantom

With all the crap going on at the Heights, this is the last thing they need to be focusing on. Butt hey, someone is willing to take their money. Ski team = full tuition.

Angus

I assume they will practice at Wa-Wa (I know I've seen Harvard there before) plus XC can be done a Weston Ski track.

Does Colby have a ski team?

wa-loaf

I assume they will practice at Wa-Wa (I know I've seen Harvard there before) plus XC can be done a Weston Ski track.

Does Colby have a ski team?

Colby trains at Sugarloaf. They are a Div 1 team (only div sport at the school I think)

Looks like BC has already been competing. Results from last years East NCAA regionals:
1. UNIVERSITY OF VERMONT UVM 1017.0
2. DARTMOUTH COLLEGE DAR 874.0
3. UNIV OF NEW HAMPSHIRE UNH 709.5
4. MIDDLEBURY COLLEGE MID 684.5
5. WILLIAMS COLLEGE WIL 618.0
6. BATES COLLEGE BAT 549.0
7. COLBY COLLEGE CBC 456.0
8. ST LAWRENCE UNIVERSITY SLU 450.0
9. HARVARD UNIVERSITY HAR 305.0
10. BOWDOIN COLLEGE BOW 207.0
11. ST MICHAELS COLLEGE SMC 201.0
12. UNIVERSITY OF ME -PRESQUE ISLE UMPI 145.0
13. BOSTON COLLEGE BC 128.0
14. BROWN UNIVERSITY BRN 74.0
15. ST ANSELM COLLEGE STA 37.0
16. BABSON COLLEGE BAB 16.0
17. PLYMOUTH STATE COLLEGE PSU 8.0

wa-loaf

I thoroughly understand that. That would be a start. Take a look at the rosters of any school. It takes more than that.

Other than most of these schools being pretty tough to get into to begin with, I'm not sure what you are getting at?

wa-loaf

Ski Academies, etc.

That was implied with my original statement. Though there are some public high schools with pretty good ski teams. The cream of the crop from the ski academies don't go to college, they join the US Ski team.

Black Phantom

That was implied with my original statement. Though there are some public high schools with pretty good ski teams. The cream of the crop from the ski academies don't go to college, they join the US Ski team.

That's why there is collegate racing. Nick coulda been a racer.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I've never even raced, other than NASTAR when I was like 8. It'd be fun to try though, although i've kind of always just liked recreational skiing. Something about racing down chopped up and iced up tracks seems less fun to me. Bump skiing I could see getting into on the other hand.

Black Phantom

I've never even raced, other than NASTAR when I was like 8. It'd be fun to try though, although i've kind of always just liked recreational skiing. Something about racing down chopped up and iced up tracks seems less fun to me. Bump skiing I could see getting into on the other hand.

I would have never guessed.:grin: