• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bretton Woods or Wildcat on Friday 4/11?

It's a coin flip for me unless anyone can pass on some intelligence.

BW is $29 but a bit farther drive (for me) Wildcat is $40.

Thanks!

Savemeasammy

If Bretton Woods were free, and Wildcat were $40, I would go to Wildcat. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeggous

You would be hard pressed to mention two more different mountains. I assume you've been to each before? Neither is likely to freeze up overnight. The question becomes what type of slush do you want to ski? The price difference is negligible in my wind. BW is a bit cheaper on the surface but food and beer prices are outrageous.

Bretton Woods will be warmer and flatter. Nothing at all challenging. It's New Hampshire's only lift-serviced golf course. Consider it a day at the beach.

Wildcat will be steep and soft, likely with a deeper base. You pull up plenty of rocks when you set an edge. It's the kind of place that is brutal to ski in January but thrives this time of year.

JDMRoma

not

not to mention BW is only running 2 lifts, Bethleham and rosebrook.......Plenty of snow there though.

hammer

Recommend Wildcat. If you go to BW you will really need the warm weather wax to keep from stopping altogether. ;-)

Quietman

Yes Wildcat has better terrain, but they are only grooming approx. half of it, and the rest is listed as "Anything ungroomed will be variable with areas of thin cover and hidden hazards" Check out the conditions map on Wildcat's site, and click on the recently groomed icon. All of the expert and a lot of the advanced is ungroomed.

I would choose Wildcat, but others may not like those conditions.